Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

Question: Rear Hitch Bracket

T-Mo

Would the rear hitch bracket from a B-80 fit a C-141? I'm assuming it could, but just want to be sure first. There's a guy near me who is parting out two B-80s and I was wondering that if there was a rear hitch bracket among these parts would it fit my C-141.

I'm also thinking of looking them over (they're supposed to be complete minus engines) and see what else I could use.

Thanks.

kj4kicks

I've never seen a "B" in person, but the rear hitch off my 520 fit right on my old 1077. That spans over 3 decades, so I would imagine it would also fit yours.

Eldon.

Rollerman

Just to clear things up....your talking the rear attachment bracket for say a snowplow or a tiller.

Then yes it will fit.

Now if your talking rear hitch as in slot hitch or clevis hitch, it will work too...but you will have to scab some more parts to make the lift cable work.

But Terry, I'm guessing you mean the axle mounted attachment assembly.

T-Mo

Stephen,

Yes, I'm talking about the rear attachment bracket. I figure if I do find a snow plow, it may not have the rear attachment bracket. So if I so happened to find a plow, then if I already have the rear attachment bracket, I'll be prepared. Of course I could get the plow first and then worry about obtaining the bracket.

Curmudgeon

The same bracket fits virtually every 855 - 1267 Charger, Raider, etc., through all the B-horizontals, the C's, 300's. 400's and 500's. As well as a few more. You'll never find it listed with a tractor or as an attachment if you need one, rather, you'll have to look up a blade or tiller and it'll be part of that.

Dale

nylyon

Terry, that's a great idea to fet the bracket when you can. Most plows do not come with the bracket. I was fortuante to get one with my 414 and C-120, but wouldn't mind picking one up for the 416 just in case.

nylyon

Oh one more thing, the bracket for the D series is different and will not work with the standard attachments. I don't know if the GT-14 or C195 are in the same boar or not, but I know the D is different.

Brrly1

Hello Karl The D-series, GT14's and the C195 all use the early style rear attachment brackets. If I am correct the 953,1054 and the 1054a use the same ones. These bolt to the front part of the axle an have the drop directly below on the front side. Just my guess but I think I am close. The other style that bolts to the bottom side of axle whether it is a B series, C series, 300, 400 and even the 500 are also the same.It was probably the most interchangeable part they ever made. John