Fordiesel69

Typical throttle cable cost?

Fordiesel69

I have a spare GT-1642 with a newer 1999 model year B&S 18HP twin on it.  The valve seats are loose with very low hrs, as there is virtually no cylinder wear, and the engine is mint in other ways.  I am considering having the seats done.

So I have a magnum 12 and a magnum 14 I re-ringed over the winter that I would like to slap on.  I have the wires figured out, and the PTO sleeve needs swapped to a 1-1/8" instead of 1".  So....... what about the cables?  They are not even close to reaching the mangums linkages.  I would have to replace both the choke and throttle.  Any idea what the cost would be? 

groundhog47

Not knowing what a GT1642 is looking at a throttle cable that attaches to tower flat instead of angled like mine. I have several styles left that do not number of, but they bracket attach to tower instead of attach with hole and nut.  Can you come up with some kind of length as sounds as if direct replacement to short if read correctly>

TT

You'll need cables for a 300/400 series with an M single.

Should be a 112214 choke cable and a 115854 throttle cable.

Racinbob

I just looked up the 112214 choke cable on the Toro site and it's $26.14, the 115854 throttle is $34.80. A picture doesn't come up so I don't know how it's made but, in the past, I've purchased generic cables that were long enough and removed the cable portion. Reinstall on your controls and cut to length. Just pull the cable back into the outer part, cut the outer part length, push the cable back in and cut it to length.

Fordiesel69

I think I can do that on the throttle cable, bit I can;t see how the choke cable comes apart.

That is expenisve for a temporary engine swap.

Haha, now I just need to find an old engine-less 300/400 out in a field somewhere.