Sign in to follow this  
bustedglass

Back in the Saddle........

bustedglass

Hi All,

It is sure good to be BACK... For those of you that don't know, I had 5 :thumbs: heart attacks back in 2003. I had to have a valve replaced, and tripple by-pass surgery, but thanks to God, and some wonderfull doctors, I survived. But, I ended up with a disease called Congestive Heart Failure :USA:, along with other ailments that I did'nt even know existed :banghead: .

Every now and then the disease raises it's ugly head, and I end up in the hospital, needing an occasional sint insertion or other things required to save my life - again..

Anyway, I know that by now, I am starting to bore you, and I don't want to do that. On 9/5/09, the ambulance took me to the hospital - again. I came home Friday, 9/12/09, feeling much better, but now requiring oxygen. Don't like it, but what are you going to do. I was feeling pretty fiesty today, so off I went to the little barn that I keep my 'Horse in, and just looked at it. (My wife won't let me start it or take it out untill I see the Doctor, this Thursday).

I feel great and all signs are for a good report, so slowly, but surely, I am going to be "Back in the Saddle" again, real soon.

The remnants of Hurricain Ike rolled thru here Sunday, and my yard looks like a bomb hit, with all of the limbs down. My grandsons can't wait to come over next week, hook up the trailer to the little 'Horse, and clean up the yard :omg: .

It sure will be good to be "Ridin Again". Bye for now, talk to y'all real soon :lol: .

Rollerman

Mike sorry to hear you had an ambulance ride...but glad you are home & doing better again.

You have to take care of yourself...those Horses will wait.

Any damage with the storm?....some of are members got some pretty good winds & rain.

Take care! :banghead:

Kelly

Glad to hear your doing better, You will have fun with the grand kids even if you can't drive.

DOC in Kentucky

Glad to hear your doin better Mike!!!!

From one fellow Kentuckian to another. Take care and I hope you get back on that horse real soon. :horseplay:

BTW what parts you from? I am about 15 miles NE of Louisville.

T-Mo

I'm sorry to hear about your health issues, Mike. But I'm also glad you're feeling better. Like it's been said, the horses can wait. It'll be there when you're ready.

linen beige

Glad to hear your doin better Mike!!!!

From one fellow Kentuckian to another. Take care and I hope you get back on that horse real soon. :horseplay:

BTW what parts you from? I am about 15 miles NE of Louisville.

Another fellow Kentuckian wishing you a speedy recovery!

And Doc. The wife's been interviewing with a few places in the derby city. If she gets/accepts an offer we'll be adding to the round hood population in Oldham county! We'll have to compare our 702 duallies (Mine's pretty ruff, but it's still tough.).

bustedglass

Thanks for all of the kind words. Went to the doctor yesterday, and he gave me the ALL CLEAR to drive, and to start resuming normal activities - in moderation of course :USA: . Said I am probably going to need a Pace Maker, because my heart rate is still quote low. I have an appointment in a month, he will make the call then.

Hi tickster. Yep, IKE got to me last Sunday. My area is pretty wooded, and I have limbs and sticks down all over my yard. Looks like a bomb hit :omg: . Me and the Grandsons are sure going to be busy cleaning up. We will hook up the wagon to the Horse, and have a ball :horseplay: . We were without power for 3 days. Sure feel sorry for those that were in the direct path when that thing hit land.

Doc - I am in rural Paducah, in a little town named Lone Oak. I moved here from the Chicago area about 4 years ago, and I just LOVE it :banana: :banana: :banana: .

Thank you for the good wishes Jim. My son-in-law is a big Wildcat basketball fan, and he usually goes to a couple of games each year over in Lexington. Maybe someday, I will ride with him, and I can stop by, and see your herd :banghead: .

KyBlue

Always good to meet another Kyian.. My daughter doesnt Live tooo terribly far from ya with her mom over in Missery.. er Missouri..haha

glad you well on the road to recovery - and that you got power back on, theres still LOTS of people up in Cinci and Ohio w/o power - we didnt loose our power..thankfully!

linen beige

Great news! Come on down when you're in the area. I'm not really all that much of a 'Cats fan though, twenty years of dealing with all the drunken revelry kinda burned me out.