Sign in to follow this  
CHARGER9AUTO

953 Down Pressure

CHARGER9AUTO

The 953 should have some down pressure to raise the Dozer Blade with the front wheels off the ground . Ben

nylyon

Does the 953 have a solid link from the plow to the lift mech? I've been thinking of down pressure with all this ice we've been getting.

Rollerman

When I had my 953 I did have a solid link for it that did provide down pressure that would lift the front tires as the snow plow was "hydraulicly powered down"

But the 953/1054/1054A did not have a float on the hyd system.

So the handling was an issue for me with the snow blade not able to go up & down "float" oer uneven surfaces.

I ended up useing a chain instead of the link because going over uneven ground would really affect the steering with the blade in a fixed position.

I'd have to run out in the shop, but I don't think the early A frames for the plows that came with the "large frames" had the oblong hole for the link to go into like the later style plow frames.

The oblong hole give a solid link a bit of room for the plow to creep with an electric or HYD lift without a float system.

Hope I'm makeing sense & this isn't rambling that adds to confusion :D

CHARGER9AUTO

When I had my 953 I did have a solid link for it that did provide down pressure that would lift the front tires as the snow plow was "hydraulicly powered down"

But the 953/1054/1054A did not have a float on the hyd system.

So the handling was an issue for me with the snow blade not able to go up & down "float" oer uneven surfaces.

I ended up useing a chain instead of the link because going over uneven ground would really affect the steering with the blade in a fixed position.

I'd have to run out in the shop, but I don't think the early A frames for the plows that came with the "large frames" had the oblong hole for the link to go into like the later style plow frames.

The oblong hole give a solid link a bit of room for the plow to creep with an electric or HYD lift without a float system.

Hope I makes sense & isn't rambling that adds to confusion :D

Steve, The GT-14's have the float option to raise the hydro lift to hold an attachment and down pressure to plow snow in the winter . Ben