JT Burkard

Hello from the Jersey Shore

JT Burkard

Hello everyone,

I just picked up a 1977 B100 last week from an estate. I have a feeling it was sitting for a while but at least it was in a garage when I bought it. I wouldn't say I am a vintage tractor collector but I have a fond appreciation for anything older. I feel this was an era when stuff was well built and were made to last. My father bought an 11hp 1978 Gilson brand new which I still have. It was passed onto me, I gave it to my sister to use, she got a lawn service instead so back to me. I gave it to my father in law to use a few years back since I was in an apartment and didn't need a mower. I had ambitious plans to repaint it a few years back but I honestly know I wouldn't get to it. It runs so well and it used every week, I don't want to take it apart.

Now I have a home with a nice little yard I can use a rider on. I came across this thing while looking at some cars that were for sale. Next thing I know, I am making an offer on this (I don't know what it was that made me even ask) and a week later they accepted my offer on this and a 1978 F150 Ranger pick up. Since I am big on research and history (I work as a classic car broker) I tend to do this with everything I buy. I hit the internet and found this forum.  It seeming to be full of knowledgeable people plus I was grateful to be able to download the B100 manuals.

I have some questions on the tractor, mainly with the lift lever and how it attached to the mower deck. I don't know if its missing a bar or something in between the two for connection or what. This is all new territory for me. I am assuming the Implements and Attachments area would be best to post this question.

As with most forums, I am sure you guys like to see pictures so here they are.

post-12852-0-80408300-1397435330_thumb.j

post-12852-0-10386100-1397435328_thumb.j

post-12852-0-99780700-1397435328_thumb.j

post-12852-0-97455700-1397435329_thumb.j

post-12852-0-57393300-1397435331_thumb.j

Thank you very much for having me

JT Burkard

Brick, NJ

• Like 1

buckrancher

welcome to red square nice looking B100

Brian

AMC RULES

Nice lookin'  :wh: score there.

:WRS:

rexman72

welcome to the group and nice tractor

gwest_ca

Here is a 1976 manual for the 36" deck

This may not be the deck you have but should be close.

Garry

Sparky

I see a rear axle bracket on your B-100.....did ya get a snowplow? That bracket is for both sizes of plows and roto-tillers.

Mike..........

Jake Kuhn

groundhog47

:text-welcomewave: to :rs: Look up at top right of main page, sending you a PM (personal message)

small green box with numbers(s) in it indicating message waiting

Edited by groundhog47

JT Burkard

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome to the forum.

Here is a 1976 manual for the 36" deck

This may not be the deck you have but should be close.

Garry

This looks very similar to the one I have. I added that to the collection. That should help a lot. Thank you Garry.

I see a rear axle bracket on your B-100.....did ya get a snowplow? That bracket is for both sizes of plows and roto-tillers.

Mike..........

Mike - No snow plow. There maybe one in the garage and maybe other items but no one seemed to know anything about the tractor. I'll contact them and let them know if they find anything else for it to let me know. I thought the bracket off the rear was for a trailer hitch. I just learned something else today.

:text-welcomewave: to :rs: Look up at top right of main page, sending you a PM (personal message)

small green box with numbers(s) in it indicating message waiting

I got the message Groundhog. I think I see what I am missing.

I can already see I went to the right WH website. Thanks guys!

Navig8r

:text-welcomewave: to :rs:

Great forum here, with great people and tons of info!

So far I'm only at 1 WH and It's not too old, but I get your appreciation for the old stuff... Mine was my grandfathers, and I still run his old Gilson (Montgomery Ward branded) snowblower from '74!

VinsRJ

Welcome to Red Square!

Amanda

Welcome to red square!!