slammer302

16hp on an cab problems?

slammer302

I just got a 416-8 from bowtieguy and it has some wireing problems but I have were I can start it up but the carb keeps flooding its self out I have to turn the pump on and off every few seconds to keep it running if I keep the pump running gas just poors out from the five little holes around the top of the carb I never messed with these carbs before so I am looking for sum insight on how to tear in to this thing

slammer302

Hers a pic

rmaynard

Sounds like the float is stuck down or has a hole in it, and the float valve is not closing. Time to take the bowl off the bottom of the carburetor and have a look.

Edit: Just deciphered that you have an Onan. Not sure about that one, but I still think it's a float issue.

Edited by rmaynard

slammer302

Yeah I've never taken a onan carb apart

Desko

You don't have to take the carb off just take the filter box off and pop the top of the carb off and inspect the problems it might be corroded or the float valve might be bad causing the fuel to keep flowing.

slammer302

Ok I go check it out and I'll keep you updated

bowtieguy

Yep...got to be a stuck float....forgot to tell you that I put a new elec fuel pump on it....(price would have gone up if I had remember that..lol)

Todays fuel is all crappy stuff....when you take the top off of the carb you will see what ethanol does....grows GREEN mold on everything!

Think you will like the 416 when you get all the bugs worked out.....you can tell the PO had never heard of "PM"

PS....remember to bring a bigger trailer the next time you come visit the Horse Barn!!!

• Like 1

slammer302

Yeah I got alot of black tar looking stuff out of the gas tank I think I got the carb fixed it will run under its own power now with half choke but I does sound good when I get some more time I think I will get it right . WHO hooo!!!!!!

Dad is already wanting to plan another trip!!

• Like 1

HokieAg07

As the owner of several Onans I will tell you one thing, for them to run well CARB MUST BE CLEAN!!!

Ed Kennell

:text-yeahthat:       I had to clean mine twice before I got it running right.  Make sure all the holes are open and clean.  You can get the bottom half of the carb off without removing the manifold.  I just takes a little wrench flipping to get the two bottom  bolts out.

Ed Kennell

post-7208-0-20665800-1397393641.jpgpost-7208-0-15151900-1397393652.jpg

Here are a couple pics.  Make sure the holes below the throttle plate are clean.

• Like 1

slammer302

Let my son loose on it today