Joefrommi65

Help 416-8 milky fluid

Joefrommi65

Hey all, well I got some seat time yesterday on my 416-8(about 6 hours) and all my fluids looked good but today when I checked the fluids the gear lube in the trans was a milky white.....I never have had his issue before??????? I assume this is water mixed with the lube but not sure how it got in there...around the dip stick tube after snow blowing maybe ?The next question should I flush it and How do I go about this and what do I use or Just change out the fluid a couple times ? What do you Folks use for fluid, is there a synthetic lube or just conventional ?

Thanks a lot,Joe

Edited by Joefrommi65

C-101plowerpower

is the rubber shifter boot still there? maybe it got in that way.

Koen

• Like 1

Desko

If you will flush it out mix diesel and ATF 50/50 it'll clean it up and give it lubrication while driving it to flush it.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Joe, it is entirely possible that it was just condensation from the rough winter we just had.  There is a couple of threads here in the transmission section that talk about flushing out the trans.  Not a big deal...check them out.  :)

• Like 1

Joefrommi65

Thanks all ,I will check to see if the shifter boots are good, check out the different posts and grab some diesel fuel and get to work!!!!!

Edited by Joefrommi65
  • Like 1