dropdown34

Brake for PTO 76 D200

dropdown34

Hi, new member and first time joining this forum.  I just brought home my Dad’s 76 D200.  I’ve tried to set and adjust the PTO both by what the manual says and by me just working on it.  So far while the PTO is disengaged, it’s not.  I pulled the brake unit for the PTO and found it wore down to the rivets.  Me thinks this might be the problem because there is nothing there to stop the pulley. 

So far I’m unable to locate a replacement part, which I kind of figured there won’t be any for a 76 D200.  So let me ask, has anyone in the past made a brake unit or rebuild the original out of new or used brake parts?  I figure I might just remove the original brake pad.   Then I would drill and counter sink small holes in either a new or used brake pad from a car or truck and trim it to match the original.  My concern is the dust from the drilling and shaping of the brake pad. Should I be?

Any and all help wanted appreciated.

pfrederi

You can buy brake lining (no asbestos) from McMaster and other places.  Drill countersink and rivet.  (I would wear a mask getting the old lining off as I am not sure back then if tehy had asbestos or not.

I use metal free for PTO brakes and fro belt pulley brakes.  McMaster will have rivets also

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-rivets/=rgqoib

post-1023-0-60229100-1397070399.jpg

Edited by pfrederi

dropdown34

Thanks for the info, and I'll be ordering the material.  In all likely hood, I'll have to redo the trator's brake between now and this winter when I plan on tearing it down and rebuilding the D-200.

Thanks