rtfbg

Steering boxes, Ross in particular

rtfbg

I have issues with my D200 box guts.  First, the large oval shaped wiper seal is scrap, along with it's carrier.  I need a replacement.  Second, my balls are all over the place!!!.  Do they sell new sets still in the little plastic diapers??  I guess that's it, I saw a kit on ebay for $129 ... ouch, these are common boxes I think, Cub, JD, etc.any decent parts outlets????

Bob

post-12710-0-20906700-1396826221_thumb.j

"D"- Man

Bob,search Ross steering on E... and scroll down to the listing for the "cam follower & bearing." I think the one you have for a D-200 is a 9/16" fine thread. The bearings in this package are the size you need. Timarca is very reasonable on his price, I have purchased from him more than once. He does not sell the oval metal piece. The "ouch" guy will sell this part in a package deal with the Styrofoam gasket, if you ask him to, but; it is still going to "ouch" a bit. I may have a used one I could send you if you decide to go that route. Let me know, Mark.

wh79d160

Everything is avaliable thru JD. Just look it up for a 300 thru 316 series

jdmitchjr@6dlam.com

I just purchased the rebuild parts for a D-180 from the site noted below.  Not nearly as expensive as the ebay listed parts.

1 of IH-71930-C91 - Cub Cadet - KIT, BALL CUP    @$10.86ea.

1 of IH-394936-R91 - Cub Cadet - Package, Seal & Seal Retainer    @$10.48ea.

1 of IH-62806-C2 - Cub Cadet - STUD    @$27.95ea.

www.factorydirectmowerparts.com

Shipping was fast and not outrageous.

I found this information on RedSquare.

I do not know if it is the same as for the D-200 but I am sure another member can let you know it they match.

Best regards,

John

rtfbg

Thanks guys ... my local shop is a multi-line dealer who HATES online parts outfits!!  Hopefully he will match prices, but he has to have part numbers ... this really helps, thanks again!!

bb