Sign in to follow this  
C-Series14

Survived Leftover Ike...

C-Series14

Here in SW Ohio sunday. TV antenna tower fell over against house, smashed brand new gutter, :banghead: didn't want it to fall thru roof or on the hood of the Duramax parked out front SO.....hook a rope to the tower, other end to the C-161 WH FEL and put it in third and drop the clutch! :horseplay: Tower falls safely on the deck, tradgedy averted. Next, power goes out, put WH 5K Generator on C-175 Twin Auto and drive thru the hurricane winds from the barn to the back door and run an extension cord inside. Plug fridge in and Mt. Dew is safe and cold for the evening, tradegy once again averted...

I rest my case...WH 2, storm 0 :USA:

bambooheels

excellent deal, im glad a wheel horse is beating the natural elements that reak havoc on our lives. any eighbors asking you to perform tasks for them with your wheel horse? :banghead:

Tgblanken

It sounds like you have some extra work for the weekend. I have a lot of small branches down. The Salad Shooter will make short work of it. My power blinked a few times.

Terry (former VS guy)

C-Series14

Yea Bamboo, since my neighbor sold his CUT and attachments, I see myself over there alot!

Hey Terry...yea, got alot of branches. Might have to mount up the Mighty Mac and make some noise!!! I got a couple tractors left to put that on I think.....:banana:

Tgblanken

There is nothing like the sound of a Mighty Mac winding up and the sound from feeding it some fresh greens. I just love the attachment. I even made some coleslaw with it. The first one I owned was a straight hammermill, no side chipper. Boy did it make some noise when I ran big branches through it. The side chipper is the cat's meow. I have used several tractors to run it. I found that 8hp will run it but you have to go slower and 20 hp is overkill and will burn belts as quick as you can put them on. I would have to say a 12 or 14hp works very well.

Terry

C-Series14

I was given an off brand chipper, I guess I will keep the neighbors happy and use it. The Mighty Mac is pretty loud but fun!

Nick

Mike, No action pictures during the storm? :omg: Up here NW of you we had some good wind gusts and lost power for right around 50 hours. No WH generator so ran a 10K Steiner generator for just about 24 hours total (18hp Onan using 1 gallon an hour). :USA: We dont have any trees to cleanup after but did help a friend on the other side of town clean up his yard and haul out a truckload of the larger branches and twigs.

Terry, Keep the fingers out of that salad shooter. :banghead:

Sarge

I should have taken a pic today of the old 1277 mowing the backyard , through 4" of standing water ...

We didn't get the wind here , just 14" of rain in the last week ....

Sarge

WheelHorse_of_course

IN Cleveland there are a fair number of people without power. I had a big branch and a medium branch come down. The medium one hit my power line which is now draped over the garage, but has not blown up yet!

The larger branch is straddling the fence to the vacant house next door. It is resting in a crotch and my buddy and I think we can get it to roll once we use the horse to pull it out from the crotch. We shall see.

I am out of town for the moment so this will be next weekend's job. And this will be the biggest workout of the Hammermill so far.

Yeah, that clunk, chunk, bump, bang, crackle clunk clunkk clunkk, razza bump noise is pretty impressive!

Best of luck on cleanup guys.

C-Series14

Hey Nick...no action pics of the C-161 pulling over the tower, my luck, if I had taken pics, it would of landed on the house! :banghead: The guys at work at Wright Patt had our wind meter out between the 2 hangers, these hangers are close to 300' x 300' and around 140' high. They are big enough to hold our C-5's. They clocked the wind at 83 mph going in between the hangers!!!