Sign in to follow this  
Rusty_Tractor

655 vs. 855

Rusty_Tractor

Hey guys,

This may be an obvious question but is the only difference between the 655 and the 855 the engine? I have a 655 and I compared it to the 855 in the photo archives, they look the same to me except for the engine and starter shroud.

If that is the case, are the 8hp engines a direct bolt-in and readily available? I'd love to convert mine to get a bit more power.

While on the subject, what other engines fit easily in there? Keep in mind i'm not building anything crazy. This Horse just pulls the cart around the yard and will plow snow.

Thanks a lot,

Jamie

Kelly

You should be able to bolt a 8hp kohler right in, make sure you remove the raised mounting plate for the tecumseh, the wiring, and key switch will need to be changed, and to what, will depend on if you go with a S/G motor or a gear drive starter they will each, take diff. wiring, the drive belt guard is diff, you will need one for a kohler, but many diff. ones will work, you will need to mount the fuel tank up in front of the dash, like a kohler powered tractor, I think your 655 is mounted to the engine, my 656 is, not sure if that tank will fit properly, you will have to try it.

I think that is it :banghead: