Nathanielperz

New Wheel Horse (mostly) Youtube Channel

Nathanielperz

Hey guys I just joined youtube!

I want to make videos about my 1276 restoration....

I have one video uploaded so far... just a start up

I made my intro but I would like you guy's and girl's opinion on the audio track... Should I replace it with music instead?

Here is the link to my Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2rrDDlfDyRZbY9c2y_1IEw

Please give it a thumbs up and Comment and Subscribe

I don't know why but I look up my user name in the youtube search my channel wont show up.... Anyone know what's wrong?

Thanks in advance, Nate

Edited by Nathanielperz
  • Like 1

AMC RULES

Is your youtube user name WheelHorseKid1415?

Nathanielperz

yep that's me

Do you like the sound track or should I replace it?

AMC RULES

Your animation of the :wh: logo is pretty cool.

• Like 1

Nathanielperz

Thank you AMC I plan on making a 1st person point of view ride on my tractor this week end...

• Like 1

HorseFixer

Yeah the WH logo on the wall is cool! :thumbs:  but after yer vid finishes it has some Play Doh add thingy that Sucks! :eusa-whistle:

~Duke :wh:

Sparky

I would rather hear the Kohler motor in the video than any song or tune. Heck the sound of that Kohler was music to my ears!

Mike..........

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I was talking with Ian Stigen a few weeks ago about music in our videos.  He said something about being careful using some music because of copy right infringements and royalties and that maybe U-Tube could delete your video.  I think he said something about a place that had free music.  In a video that I did...the radio was playing in the background and the music was not embedded in the production.  I am not even sure if this is OK.  Perhaps Ian will see this thread and offer his knowledge and comments.  :):eusa-think:

AMC RULES

Once someone reports the music Steve, that video will be removed.

I had a few walk around car vids that featured the DJ music playing in the background...Youtube pulled them down too.

Yep...another reason I've taken all mine down.

• Like 1

SousaKerry

I agree with the earlier statement replace the motor noise with a Kohler maybe even a twin Kohler like this one of mine minus the leaf blower and snow thrower.

And nice job on the :wh: logo :bow-blue::handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by SousaKerry

Nathanielperz

Ok guys i will take the audio from a kohler engine and replace it... it will be the sound track from now on... im not redoing my first video again that would be 5 times...

I made the 1st person video i was talking about toady i will upload it and put the link here.

Thanks, Nate

• Like 1

Nathanielperz

Just put up a new video guys here it is... let me know what you think of the new intro... 

Let me know what you think...

AMC RULES

Curious...what program/application did you use to animate the :wh: logo?

Nathanielperz

Actually and i'm not going to lie but i found it online and used a screen recorder then added a back ground and sound... I don't think its stealing is it? i did have to edit it a little bit to fit what i needed but i used Camtasia Studio 8 for that editing and i do most of the editing for my you tube videos in there and put them together in Windows Movie Maker.

Nate

Nathanielperz

I might get kicked off of youtube because my mother wont let me have a username on there that is even close to my real name so i changed it with google+ (which suck by the way never use it for anything!) to Wheelhorse Rookie and i read afterwards that if google feels that you have entered a false name they will suspend your account!  If that happens i will have all my subscribers to unsubscribe to that one and to WheelHorseKid1415...

Nathanielperz

I forgot to ask do you guys like the new intro?

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Yeah, it's pretty cool now.

I hate that image stabilization, video fix tool Youtube provides...kinda makes me seasick.   :angry-nono: 

Nathanielperz

yeah i didn't like it either i disabled it...

Guess what guys! I get to drop the transmission on that tractor again! Whoo Hooo!   :ranting:  :angry-banghead:  :angry-steamingears:

its still leaking...

-Nate

• Like 1

Nathanielperz

Hey guys any ideas for any youtube videos? I want to see what you guys want me to do as well not just the same boring stuff... 1276 or cub cadet related would be helpful.

Nate

JimD

Nice videos, loved the logo too! :)

Nathanielperz

Thank you guys.

Nate

Stigian

Hi Nate, a bit late to the party..

Just had a look at your videos, the second opening title with the Kohler engine sounds much better :handgestures-thumbup:

Music can be a funny thing on YT.. I was always running into problems with my old YT channel and music.. Some videos very just removed very quickly by YT, others were muted by YT, and one was even banned in Germany!!  Who would of thought "Green grass and high tides" by the Outlaws would upset people! :)

It can be very frustrating as well..  I made a snowplowing video years ago which featured only musical bits from Alice Cooper tracks.. A work of art (almost) it was..    Even after loads of different edits YT still go upset about it and removed it every time!

I did post it up somewhere on the net.. Wonder if it's still there??

Wow it is!!   This was way before my wide screen days and my video camera used magnetic cassette tapes!   http://www.streetfire.net/video/snowplowing-on-a-wheel-horse_639015.htm

Here's a few links for you to "free to use" music sites.. You can use the music for anything you want as long as you give them credit for the music.. Which I think is more than fair enough..

http://www.audionautix.com/

http://teknoaxe.com

This site is a bit different... You can change the "mood" and length of the tracks!!

http://www.smartsound.com/royalty-free-music/incompetech/

Some people like music on videos, other don't.. You can't please everyone...  The key is not to make the music over powering, just enough to hear it clearly in the background but not loud enough to drown out the action.. Sometimes music can really enhance the scene and create the right "feel", you have to pick the right music track to create the right "feel" you want..

Have a look at this video (skipping past the bloke talking at the start) it will give you a good idea on how music can be used..     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwnHVROLXRI&list=PLCbhzBzJlG3LDEDmRu-KV8VC5jW5yPlq0  :D

Nathanielperz

That's you?! Im a big fan of that channel helped me out and gave me some ideas :bow-blue:

Thank you for all the help. best help is from a youtuber I guess :)

Thanks, Nate

Stigian

Hi Nate, yep that's me, happy you like my channel, glad I could help out.    :D

Nathanielperz

What video editing software do you use?