PMaine

Eaton 1100 Drive Belt

PMaine

I've got a problem, one that I am really glad I noticed.

20140324_205905_zpshgg1u3ty.jpg

I've got a 516H that now has an Eaton 1100 in it- the drive belt tension pulley is making contact with the hard hydraulic pipe as shown. It appears that if I used a shorter drive belt the pulley would be raised and out of contact with the piping.

Having said that, anyone have a Napa part # for the proper drive belt? I assume the eaton 1100 uses a different belt than an eaton 700 equiped tractor? Or am I missing something?

Thanks guys

PMaine

Did some research, looks like Toro #114895 is the belt used on the 516 (eaton 700) and the 520 (eaton 1100), so not sure what the deal is.

Navig8r

Did some research, looks like Toro #114895 is the belt used on the 516 (eaton 700) and the 520 (eaton 1100), so not sure what the deal is.

Dealer up the street from me has a bunch of OEM parts on E-bay, and that is one of em, $35.00 with free shipping.  seller is  majesticshardware255 if you are looking for a source.

PMaine

Thanks. I just bent the tensioner bracket enough to clear it for now.

• Like 2

pfrederi

I noticed the same issue must have occurred on my 418A as there is a groove in my hard line also.  There is possibility that the spacer on the bolt that holds the idler has worn down (or the slot in the handle the spacer rides in has worn) allowing the idler to move in closer to the frame.)   On my 418A the spacer was gone and the slot in the handle was wallowed out.   (Spacer is item 44 in diagram)

post-1023-0-50416500-1395743530_thumb.jp

varosd

I noticed the same issue must have occurred on my 418A as there is a groove in my hard line also.  There is possibility that the spacer on the bolt that holds the idler has worn down (or the slot in the handle the spacer rides in has worn) allowing the idler to move in closer to the frame.)   On my 418A the spacer was gone and the slot in the handle was wallowed out.   (Spacer is item 44 in diagram)

My Eaton 1100 equipped Workhorse tranny engagement lever (part # 49) had worn out the back of the idler pulley slot and it came up and out of the shifter plate when I pulled up on it!  got a used one of sleaze bay and back into operation. not sure why it happened, but like Paul stated, make sure it all wallowed out or like mine missing a chunk o" metal!

PMaine

Interesting guys, I don't have a lever (#49) at all. Photos to follow in a day or so!