Sign in to follow this  
flyovrcntry

Good Deals

flyovrcntry

There are posts about good deals guy's have came across and was thinking that would be an interesting topic.

I remember a couple .One was a murray lawn tractor that was sitting out by the ditch with a free sign on it.The sign read,runs but wont go.I took it home got it  started and it would not pull.When I shut the key off it chattered like a loose rod.All that was wrong was the keyway was out of the stack pulley.It was the kind that is stamped steel.Well I welded a key to the pulley and that was that.

Another time a guy brought a Crapsman by he said the hydro was out and he was taking it to the scrap yard.I bougtht it for junk price and when I started it to check it out it wouldn't move.Someone was sitting on it ,trying to make it move and I looked at the wheel and could see the axle turning.Thats all it was there too,the key was totally gone,not a piece,nothing.Put a key in it and it was a good little lawn tractor.

One time my nephew bought a lawn tractor from me and when I delivered it he asked if I wanted his old non running trimmer.Well it didn't look too old to me so I took it home.When I started checking it out I found it had a new plug that was gapped at 20,I gapped it and pulled it a couple times and it ran like a new one.I called my nephew and told him what I found and was wanting to give it back to him.He said no just keep it I bought a new one.That was 4 years ago and I am still using it.