Nathanielperz

Bearings

Nathanielperz

Hey guys I hope this is in the right place but I need some bearings (I apologize if I m spelling this wrong) for the starter/generator on my 1276... Anyone know where I could get some of these? I think its the bearings, correct me if I'm wrong but when its running it makes a squealing sound and my first guess was bad bearings so I took the belt off the engine and started it the old fashioned way... with a rope (which sucked by the way) I have a video on a website that I made with a video of it running. Let me know.

Thanks in advance, Nate

Here is the link to the video page of my site....

http://tractorpictures.webs.com/apps/videos/

sorry about the quality... I will try to upload one more...

shorts

search around for an automotive electrical shop that rebuilds/repairs auto electric stuff, they will have or have access to bearings and brushes for your Delco Remy starter/generator, they will also be able to bench test the unit for you.

gwest_ca

Perhaps the belt was slipping and causing the squeal? It reqires a good amount of traction if the generating is working. The belt needs to have raw rubber sides that are not hard from old age to get the job done. The recommended belts are actually automotive belts in this application.

Garry

Larry Chamberlain

Yeah taken it to a place that rebuilds starters and alternators they'll fix you up I had a couple of mine done

Don1977

Most any good auto parts store should be able to get the bearings and brushes needed to fix it. Haven't been in one of those but starters and generators can be tricky  to reassemble.

Nathanielperz

Thank you all, I know its not the belt Garry because it was slipping before when I would go to start it so I tensioned the belt more... plus I spun the generator with no belt and it didn't sound pretty.

Would taking it to a automotive shop cost big bucks? I don't have that... :eusa-think:

Jake Kuhn

They are on ebay....just search kohler delco remy starter. Around $15 for new bearings and brushes. I had to put some in my 702 about a year ago as the previous owner was deaf so he never noticed the sound of the noisy bearing.

• Like 1

Martin

ebay works for me too.