Sign in to follow this  
rustyoldjunk

Scrap yard save.

rustyoldjunk

I picked up a nice little 1980 Craftsman mower from a co-worker last fall for about the price of the gas to go get it on top of the gas to go get it. He had bought it new in 1980 and had taken care of it but now wanted it out of the garage. I listed it on Craigslist and a guy called and asked if I would be interested in taking some old tractors on trade. To make a long story short I traded him even for his "scrap".I ended up with a parts Bronco 14,a 65-66 short frame ( I haven't even taken the time to look at the tag yet.),and a 1054.The hood and cast grill shell for the 1054 is here but not on it. I started the 1054 tonight,it seems to run good and the hydro lift seems fine. I also got a Case 444 with sleeve hitch and hydraulic PTO out of the deal. Some has put a B48 Onan on the Case. Lots of Kohler engine parts came with the deal. I also got a Wheel Horse snow plow and a Case snow blower. Pretty good trade I thought. Here are some pictures.

post-146-0-62527900-1395202746_thumb.jpg

post-146-0-41446800-1395202785_thumb.jpg

post-146-0-26928500-1395202823_thumb.jpg

post-146-0-47729100-1395202839_thumb.jpg

post-146-0-89982100-1395202868_thumb.jpg

post-146-0-99287800-1395202900_thumb.jpg

post-146-0-25506000-1395202922_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

rustyoldjunk

Forgot the scrap yard part. The man who wanted the mower does a lot of scrapping and had this stuff. He said he had no problem with buying my little mower outright or he would trade these tractor,parts,etc. If I didn't want the stuff that was OK he was going to scrap them anyway.

Lane Ranger

Nice "save"  James!   Trading up to some keepers!

• Like 1

Kelly

You give him your no. and tell him to call you the next time he gets a older tractor in ??

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

rusty,,,,,theres gold in that thar junk. Good tradin and thanks for the pics.

Glenn

• Like 1

SousaKerry

Hell even trade for a Crapsman??? :bow-blue:

Dude had no idea what he had.  I drive past a Case 444 everyday and it hasn't moved in 2 years, but I am too chicken to ask about it.

• Like 2

brandonozz

When we hear about some of the great deals some guys get we all hear this statement "man I wish I could find a deal like that sometime". 

Well ......... You don't get to say that for a while!

• Like 1

Cutlas3391

I would that 1054 I been looking for one. That 1054 grill piece would make a great wall hanger or a front piece on a gas pump I'm doing...

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

KC9KAS

Wow, what a save from the scrap pile.

Some guys have all the luck!

James....have you shaved yet?

• Like 1

rustyoldjunk

Kelly,I let anybody who might run into old tractors to let me know if they get anything,even hand out cards but now that you mention it,I forgot to tell this guy...I should give him a call. KC,I did shave...lol.