Sign in to follow this  
hudog

Wheel Horse Automatic question

hudog

Hello-

I am looking at a Wheel Horse Automatic with 14 HP Kohler engine. Does anyone know the difference between the Automatic series vs. the B and C-series models? I think the Automatic preceeded the B and C-series, but I'm not sure. The photos on Redsquare look very similar between the Automatic and the B/C series. Also, was a 14 HP Kohler engine one of the available models, or is it possible the engine on this WH had the engine changed out if the Automatic didn't come in a 14 HP option?

thanks,

George

TT

Aside from the obvious 14hp Kohler engine, the main differences are the placement of the direction control lever ("shifter") and the decals - otherwise, the 1973 14 Automatic is virtually identical to an early C-120/C-160.

I'm not exactly sure why the K-321 wasn't used on the C series tractors until the body change in 1978 (C-141), but it is original on the 14 Auto and is a very good engine.

By the way: :banghead: , George!

pond195520032003

I would also like to say :USA: George :banghead: if you get a chance :omg:

hudog

Thank you for the information, as it's very helpful. If I buy the tractor I will post photos.

George

traktorkidd7/30/93

George,

I would also like to say :banghead: :USA:

WheelHorse_of_course

Aside from the obvious 14hp Kohler engine, the main differences are the placement of the direction control lever ("shifter") and the decals - otherwise, the 1973 14 Automatic is virtually identical to an early C-120/C-160.

Or a Charger :banghead: