Sign in to follow this  
jerrell

work horse parts

jerrell

:banana: :horseplay: OK guys i made a rustleing trip thru ebay last nite and got most of the parts for the work horse, got the seat pan, seat, seat mount, seat support, pto, hydro control, hydro lines(don't need these , came with the control) new belts, i will be getting the 18 hp honda propane engine this week i hope. :omg::USA::banghead: now just cleaning , sanding, and painting and will be ready to roll, may take some time tho, work one day and rest two, these old bones don't move like i want them to..

BairleaFarm

18 hp honda propane engine this week i hope.

Where are you putting the tank?

jerrell

:USA: i am making a 1/2 inch plate that bolts under the hood and frame, sticks out about 14 inches in front to hold a small , tall tank, like a small air bottle , it won't interfere with front hitch i stole the ideal from the john deere folks that has the tank up front like that, i can refill out of farm tank and not have to worry about gas all the time, and that 175 uses a tank and 1/2 to mow the yard, i always liked the propane engines, we had everthing on propane on the farm as a kid, clean, no carbon, and very easy to work with. the valves and spark plugs last 4 times as long as a gas engine. it also lowers the heat of the engine somewhat. almost works like an injecter pump since the gas is under presure.. this will be an experiment but i have faith it will work, just have to shuffle things around a bit. :banghead:

Buzz

Sounds like an interesting project. We've had people doing diesel conversions but don't remember reading anything on here about propane. Keep us updated on how you're making out, both the good and the bad. And as always :banghead:

BPjunk

Sounds like an interesting project. We've had people doing diesel conversions but don't remember reading anything on here about propane. Keep us updated on how you're making out, both the good and the bad. And as always :banghead:

Buzz,

We have had a propane powered Wheel Horse at the Wheel Horse Show before, Larry Greener has a Lawn Ranger powered Lawn Ranger .... the tank was mounted on a trailer behind the tractor.

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

Buzz

Buzz,

We have had a propane powered Wheel Horse at the Wheel Horse Show before, Larry Greener has a Lawn Ranger powered Lawn Ranger .... the tank was mounted on a trailer behind the tractor.

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

Somehow I missed that. Must have been stealing, er...I mean borrowing, Jerry's lug nuts :USA:

Nick

This is the first picture I could find, its from the 2002 PA show.

show150.jpg

jerrell

:USA: Nick, thanks for the pic, i thought about mounting on the back but the tanks like that i can't refill, they don't sell the adapter to run from my tank to fill small bottles, :omg: it's something to think about, still in the cleaning , sanding, stage now. that pic looks pretty good and high enough to not interfere with the tiller, or plow. i was thinking the added weight in front may be an advantage..when i get the ag tires on.. :banghead: