Ed Kennell

Bad Accident .... No Gory Pictures Shown

Ed Kennell

I was awakened by the Medevac chopper landing in the corn field by my house at 6AM this morning.  Turned out to be a nearly fatal accident. Three teens to York Hospital and one to Hershey Medical Center  So sad and unnecessary.

This is a terrible intersection that should be a three way stop.     Please be alert and careful out there.

Edited by ekennell

Sparky

Never good when the chopper shows up.  We have a couple of those intersections. The closest one is a three way and only two of em have stop signs. Makes ya pucker up a bit rolling thru that one.

Mike............

JC 1965

I pucker up a bit when I drive anywhere now days. :hide:  With all these people texting and everything else except watching where they're going. :dunno:   It's dangerous out there.    :banghead:

• Like 2

groundhog47

I pucker up a bit when I drive anywhere now days. :hide:  With all these people texting and everything else except watching where they're going. :dunno:   It's dangerous out there.    :banghead:

Man are you ever so correct, scary! 

Digger 66

Try doing it for a living  :handgestures-fingerscrossed: .

rexman72

I see people putting makeup on while driving when I drive to work in the mornings

AMC RULES

You can figure on a thousand dollars a minute to take a ride in that thing.

How far away is the hospital?

Coadster32

Yikes... not a nice sight to wake up to! A few short years ago my wife and I were abruptly woken up by a car slamming into our back yard tree. Scary indeed.

Not sure if this counts or not, but when I was a kid, a helicopter crashed on the street in the back of our house. Parts of the copter were inbedded in my neighbors roof. Still have the newspaper article someplace.

shorts

And my wife thinks I'm anal for not talking on the phone while I'm driving, bad stuff beyond your control can happen even when you aren't distracted.

Edited by shorts

Sparky

Are there states that still allow you to talk on a cell while driving? Its been against the law to do it here in Connecticut for many years now. My new car has bluetooth built in and its the greatest thing ever!

Mike.......

Docwheelhorse

I was on my motorcycle running down the local 4 lane highway and saw a young 20 something woman eating a bowl of cereal with both hands and steering with here knees.... :eek:

Tony

VinsRJ

They are very lucky... When "Life Star" lands in CT... it really means "Death Star" has landed.

oldredrider

The "best" one I've seen is a woman doing a crossword puzzle while driving in rush hour traffic on a major highway. Made me feel smart!

Ed Kennell

You can figure on a thousand dollars a minute to take a ride in that thing.

How far away is the hospital?

Probably 40 air miles  to HMC from my place.

AMC RULES

After my roll over accident last year, I was in one for a quick 20 minute hop...

was all but a 20K ride, all said and done. 

nylyon

When I had my little incident last year, they wanted to send in the helicopter to bring me to Westchester, but thought it would take too long so it was Ambulance to Danbury for me.  I can't imagine the price of the chopper, the Ambulance bill was close to $800

AMC RULES

Funny how that works huh Karl...

when I broke my ankle in my roll over accident, I couldn't talk my way into an ambulance.

Fear was that I may have suffered head trauma during the accident.