"D"- Man

Free Brinly plow...

"D"- Man

...er ah well sort of.   I bought an 18 Automatic from a fellow Redsquare member that had it (the 18) listed in the classifieds.  This 18 was being job lotted together with a rear grader blade, three point hitch, rear quick attach axle bracket and rear wheel weights.  I also was given free delivery!!!  When the tractor arrived there was an old rusty Brinly plow on the trailer, I thought that it was for somebody somewhere else.  I was surprised when one of the gentlemen delivering the tractor picked up the plow and set it down with all the other stuff.  Well after I had it stored in my shed for some time while I was working on a resto/mod of my 18 I decided I would have a go at disassembling it piece by piece and sanding, primering and painting them or having my brother take them to where he works and powder coating them. (Best part about this is he does it free.). I had to get some replacement parts because the "U" bolt and clamp were missing for the coulter standard and the crank had stripped threads due to someone trying to remove both of the nuts at the same time.  I also used all new hardware.  Then I added the decals (Repo.). I only have one before picture of the plow.

P.S. I also was given the three point hitch adapter for the plow, seems to be modified a little.

post-3038-0-36142300-1393646093_thumb.jp

post-3038-0-45771100-1393646271_thumb.jp

post-3038-0-31338800-1393646304_thumb.jp

post-3038-0-74711400-1393646350_thumb.jp

post-3038-0-49041400-1393646373_thumb.jp

post-3038-0-16374200-1393646395_thumb.jp

post-3038-0-71118200-1393646410_thumb.jp

post-3038-0-80711300-1393646432_thumb.jp

Edited by TWIN54
  • Like 5

Ed Kennell

If it's still Free, I'll take it.  Nice restoration. :text-coolphotos:

"D"- Man

If it's still Free, I'll take it.  Nice restoration. :text-coolphotos:

Thanks Ed, so sorry  it's not still free.  It is rust free though!!!

AMC RULES

Like night and day, the difference. :handgestures-thumbsup: 

groundhog47

Outstanding work, is the hitch on the draw bar one piece (welded as one) or does the clevis hitch which looks 85311 like bolt/pin into the a frame part? That's the type of work you hate to use, but then can't wait to try it out, wow!  :handgestures-thumbup:

"D"- Man

Outstanding work, is the hitch on the draw bar one piece (welded as one) or does the clevis hitch which looks 85311 like bolt/pin into the a frame part? That's the type of work you hate to use, but then can't wait to try it out, wow!  :handgestures-thumbup:

Thanks, the first picture shows what I reffered to as a modified three point adapter, the clevis hitch part is just secured with the hitch pin not welded.  I removed it and bolted it to the plow frame, so it will only need to be hitch pinned to the adapter like I think they normally would go.  The three point adapter was part "cream" and part red so I just assumed a previous owner may have modified a factory three point adapter to work with the catagory 0 three point hitch of the 18 Auto.  It had a model/serial number decal on the part that was cream but it wasn't complete and I failed to get a picture of it.  I do not know if and when I will try it out, I just bought a new ...??? Something for the 18 Auto and am going to try to get working on that soon.  For now I will just say the new something is "bigger" than what came in the 18.  When I get some pics taken I will post in a new topic.

"D"- Man

Like night and day, the difference. :handgestures-thumbsup: 

Thanks AMC, I thought the same thing when I saw the first piece returned from the powder coater!  

Wishin4a416

Looks great!  You did a fine job.

Hodge71

What a gorgeous plow!!! So its not free but it is for sale?..My train got derailed somewhere and I can't figure out whats going on here….. :confusion-confused:

"D"- Man

Thanks for the compliments.  The plow isn't for sale, it is going to be a keeper.  I  am hoping to resume the resto/mod on my 18 now that I have this plow restoration complete.  I  have the new "bigger something"  just sitting waiting to be assembled and installed  on the tractor.  I still have not taken pictures of it yet, maybe soon!!!