JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

1988,,416-8. PTO clutch plate and disc,,,where to get

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

ok gents, another topic. I replced with new oem pto end bearing and stub shaft. now its like it should be, also took old stub shaft and installed new bearing on that for back up.

Then I started thinking about the clutch disc and plate. wheel horse part number 111238. If i can find where to get it I am tempted to do so and replace it. my tractor has 654 hours now, is the a guesstiate number when they crap out?????? Its ok so far, no problems, but being preared fro something to go is where I am at.

Who has a idea where to get this part?  Think I will make a call to the toro dealer to, maybe they can still get it? thanks guys,

Glenn

doc724

You can get this part just about anywhere, RCPW, Parts Tree, Jacks Small engine etc.  It is not cheap, like $65-$70.  Don't forget about the brake for the PTO as well, that part is about $17 and much smaller in area.  I am thinking that it will wear down to the rivets before the clutch plate will.  I have 1120 hours on my C141 and I will bet it is the original clutch facing.  It is getting mighty thin, but I only use this for tilling so it gets minimal use..Somewhere on one of these forums, other RS members have commented about refacing the friction surface with a JD material which is sold separately (meaning you don't have to buy the plate).  The OD is a bit bigger, but it is easy to trim.

krb

Glenn,

Did you find a PTO clutch? I have a 310-8 but the part number is the same. I usually get all my parts so far from NAPA (belts, bearings, etc) but they can't source the clutch.

Thanks,

bmsgaffer

New clutch plate: http://www.rcpw.com/search/?quest=94-6650

Thats the easiest (but most expensive) route. If your clutch bell has grooves in it from wearing too far, people have had luck taking it to a machine shop and re-facing the bell.

krb

No wear yet. The clutch has started coming apart, spewed some shrapnel out. I just need the new lining.

608KEB

Jacks Small Engine also had the clutch pad alone with rivets. I think it was about $33.00. I bought 2 of them about 2 years ago. I don't know if they still carry them.

krb

You hammer the rivets with a punch I guess or do you need special tools?

Thanks,,

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Glenn,

Did you find a PTO clutch? I have a 310-8 but the part number is the same. I usually get all my parts so far from NAPA (belts, bearings, etc) but they can't source the clutch.

Thanks,

Sorry, I missed this. I never went into doing more than the stub shaft and bearing. Now I think I will do the clutch. I found them on ebay, no rivets, wheel horse dealer. pricey, around 65 bucks, there are a couple other parts to, neeble bearing and such. Might end up doing the whole thing. I want it top notch. Anyone else tackle all this?

Glenn

608KEB

I bought the clutch pads as extras. I'm guessing I would drill out the old rivets. Then I would use a pop rivet gun to install the new rivets. Someone here will correct me if I'm wrong.

krb

I went ahead and got the complete unit from Jack's.