Hillbilly2

Snack food safety

Hillbilly2

How yall doin,

I wus just thinkin today while I watched my dog tater eatin popcorn cernils. If you swaller a popcorn cernil that aint popped yet I do reckon that it culd pop inside you. If id did pop inside ill bet that could hurt. Not sure if its true. Yall post yur ideas here. By the way I just have to say a big yeeeeeeehaaaaawwwwww to Dale Earnhardt jr for wining the daytona 500.

God bless

Earl

Edited by Hillbilly2
  • Like 3

AMC RULES

:confusion-shrug:     :scratchead:      :popcorn:

:WRS:

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 2

Jim_M

According to NASA, the moisture inside the kernel turns to steam at about 450 degrees F before it bursts and turns inside-out. This is why popcorn will not pop on its own or when it is not directly exposed to a heat source. If the heat is much hotter than 450 degrees, the popcorn will singe before it pops. If the temperature is below 450 degrees, the popcorn will not pop because the moisture inside the kernels has not yet evaporated.

I think you're safe, unless of course you live under power lines....
  • Like 1

stevasaurus

Earl...that sure is a hoot...hope Tater is OK. :)

BTW...it says on the label..."Do not eat up-popped cernils". :orcs-cheers:

Thanks for the great tip Earl.

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

chazm

Golly Earl,,, you make sum good cents thar.... :handgestures-thumbupright:   , I just hope tater will be Ok when he pops dem out his but..     :scared-eek:

• Like 1

JimD

Well, Jim M of course is right about the temperature it takes to pop popcorn. Ya just can't argue with NASA, they're almost as sharp as the NASCAR guys. However Jim did forget one thing. Cell phones. Yes that's right, I said cell phones.

So if Tater happened to swallow 4 cell phones and suddenly got wrapped up in a conference call, he could be in a world of hurt.

big_fat_charlie_by_HectortheWolf.jpg

• Like 2

squonk

My dogs always have gas. Because of it, the pressure inside of them is increased. There fore it will take a higher temp inside of my hounds to get the corn to pop. Basic pressure /temperature realationship. I done gadgeated 6th grade to learn this and learnt my gazunta's well! 2 gazunta4 twice. 3 gazunta9 3 times ect.

• Like 1

Hillbilly2

Thanks for them popcorn facts Tator dog is doin great. Id reckon all them cernils are out in the yard by now.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Hopefully not under your bed. :ychain: 

Hillbilly2

Naw last time tater made a log in the house I made the smoke deteckter go off cause he is scared to death of them things

• Like 2

chazm

That there tator dawg sounds like him a good ol hound dawg .... HOOOOOOWL...  getem tator   cocr137.jpg

Edited by chazm

AMC RULES

Luckily, Tater didn't make more then.  :scared-eek: 

Jim_M

Well, Jim M of course is right about the temperature it takes to pop popcorn. Ya just can't argue with NASA, they're almost as sharp as the NASCAR guys. However Jim did forget one thing. Cell phones. Yes that's right, I said cell phones.

So if Tater happened to swallow 4 cell phones and suddenly got wrapped up in a conference call, he could be in a world of hurt.

big_fat_charlie_by_HectortheWolf.jpg

Jim D, a good old fashioned tin foil hat will protect you from those cell phones.

• Like 2

squonk

images-8.jpg

• Like 1

JimD

Yes Craig, of course you're right. They put it on a stack of books or movie cases so it was elevated up out of the signal, so it just broke the glass instead. :popcorn:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Yes, of course...you are right too Jim.  :popcorn: 

312Hydro

So... What happens if the dog eats cellphones and popcorn? :scratchead:

JimD

So... What happens if the dog eats cellphones and popcorn? :scratchead:

smiley-pointing-down.gif

dog%20explosion.gif

• Like 1