Desko

Work Horse GT-1142 Restro

Desko

Hi all!!

I have recently started to rip into my work horse for a restoration. I have got alot off the tractor to sand (BY HAND:(...) I have got the hood, running boards, belt guard, fender, seat, steering wheel (popped right off),steering column and steering rod. Tomorrow I will be labeling the wiring and bolts. I took pictures but I have no clue how to upload them to here from my phone.

P.S I'm doing this for my senior project :)

Sparky

Good luck with it, I hope you keep it the same colors. I think the steering wheel "popping off" is a great sign that you'll be succesful!

Mike..........

Wishin4a416

A nice tractor to restore. Good Luck with it. Dont forget the pictures!!

Desko

Good luck with it, I hope you keep it the same colors. I think the steering wheel "popping off" is a great sign that you'll be succesful!

Mike..........

I am going to keep it the same colors my dads work has a paint dealer that can match any color paint you need!! :)

A nice tractor to restore. Good Luck with it. Dont forget the pictures!!

I will post pictures when I figure out how to upload them

Desko

I know I said I was going to keep it the same color but how do you guy feel about a red "special" I see others have painted them red but the decals are the problem as they are also red.

Sparky

My opinion.....don't paint it red.

Stick with the original colors.

Mike.........

TT

X2 on the original pewter.

There's enough red Wheel Horses. :lol:

AMC RULES

:text-+1: Pewter horse.

Wishin4a416

I would try to keep it close to the same colors. That's what makes that series stand out.

Desko

Ok I will try to keep paint original I will try to post pictures when I figure how to upload them to the lap top

Desko

Well not so good news the guy that I was going to have mix up paint quit his job I will try to find the closest to original paint I can and if I can't it will be red but still a work horse I'll see if terry could make black work horse decals like the newer models. I've almost got the motor finished I'll upload pics when I figure it out and find the adaptor for my phone to laptop.