ihsig@sbcglobal.net

Snow thrower ??

ihsig@sbcglobal.net

Anyone know if a 42 inch snow thrower model #0642ST06 will work on a 1987 308-8?

The thrower came off a 210-8.  I am told it worked just fine.

Thanks for the help!  

squonk

I had a 210-H and if it's the same, not with out mods. My  210 was a vertical shaft engine. I did modify a Allis blower for a horiz engine tractor to work on the 210 though.

boovuc

Not the same. Won't fit!

gwest_ca

Perhaps it came off a 310-8? If so it will fit the 308-8 but a little shy on power.

Garry

ihsig@sbcglobal.net

Thanks for the feedback...sounds like mixed reviews.  For $150, I might give it a try.  

rexman72

i am sure with some fab work,you can make it work

boovuc

I went to the WH Interchange chart and looked up that snowblower. That Model Number says it will fit the 300, 400 & 500 series Garden Tractors. (Which is what you want).

You said it came off of a 200 series lawn tractor. If it did, it was fabbed to fit that tractor because it was not originally designed for it.

So in my earlier post, I can still say that if this snowblower was rigged up to a 200 series WH, then it won't fit a 308-8 with out being modified. If that snowblower was new in a box, it would bolt right up to your 308-8.

The blower that is meant for the 210 lawn tractor is model number 06-36SL02. (A 36 inch blower compared to the 42" your looking at).

Hope this makes sense to you. It will fit but it will probably need some modifying since the 200 series is a vertical shaft tractor compared to your horizontal shaft K181.

Ken B

With only 8hp on tap you might want to take small bites...

Kelly

If you get it and need parts to put it back so it will fit your 308 send me a PM I have many blower parts