tractorbeast

Engine mount dimensions- Solid Brian Miller type

tractorbeast

Does anyone have the dimensions of the Brian Miller solid steel engine mounts for a Kohler K-301. Total thickness, thickness from each side of the flat plate. Diameter of both sides, flat plate thickness.  My rubber mounts are so worn, I cant get good measurements to build one. Thanks for looking.

Wheel-N-It

Seen them but don't know the dimensions. Having had a rubber mounted K-301 myself, I can't think of a good reason to rubber mount it for a Wheel Horse work tractor. Or is this something different?

tractorbeast

Yes this is a work tractor. Lokking for a little cheaper alternative mount. Brian millers are $60 plus shipping. Original are over $100 for all four. Any ideas for replacements out there?

Wheel-N-It

I don't know this to be Gospel but an old Wheel Horse Dealer I met and talked to last year told me the rubber mounts are the same as the front motor mounts for  a 1955-1957 Chevy with the 265-283 V-8. I remember for those three years the small block Chevy mounted from the front. He may be right about this. If you give this a try, how about PM'ing me to let me know one way or the other. I'm having a K341 rebuilt for my 1984 C165 and I may need to put new motor mounts in it. Thank you.

tractorbeast

My brother-in-law is a Chevy  addict, he has a 59, but I'm sure he know's people that have older Chevy's.

squonk

Here's what a 56 Chevy 265 mount looks like. From a Napa site. no dememsions given 2 sizes small 602-1044 and large 602-1045. about 5 bucks

post-2380-0-25020500-1393072958.jpg

• Like 1

312Hydro

Google - motor mounts for a 1955-1957 Chevy  

Choose Google Shopping

Lots of options once you know the size. Summit has both sizes for .97 made by Anchor.

Edited by 312Hydro

Anglo Traction

Not sure if this will help you. They are not B Miller's and they're not Steel.
They are turned from Aluminium Billet. I supplied Ian (Stigian) with the material so he could make some for his 312-8 (I think).

There was sufficient for 2 sets, so he turned them up. These will go to another WH Owner friend when I get to visit him.
Hopefully, if you click on the image, it will enlarge so you can see the dimensions easier. If not, I'll post them up again.
I've been pedantic with the Dims. Motor plate thickness is 1/4" I believe, so I've stated 15/64" to ensure it is clamped by the Bolt and Large Washer.....

post-3520-0-49622600-1393101154_thumb.jp

Wheel-N-It

Now I'm wondering if the 55-57 Chevy motor mounts will work if they are modified to look like the ones Richard has shown us?

I've paid $80 or $100 (can't remember the going rate at that time) for factory ISO mounts for my Cub Cadet 1650. That IMO is a bit steep, and the engine still shakes like all K341's do in a 1975 Cub Cadet. It sure would be nice to buy some $5 motor mounts like the ones Mike has posted a pic of.

Don1977

Those Chevy mounts look too thick. If they are thick enough you could saw them in two on a band saw. Then make some steel washers 1 3/8" diameter with a 3/8" hole to position the mount with a larger on top to hold it together. May have to have a flat side on the bottom of the top washer to clear the bend in the plate.

Wheel-N-It

Not too much effort though to save almost $100dollars !

tractorbeast

Yes the 55-57 mounts are to thick. The smaller one measure .84" thick by 1.5" round. Thanks for the help and measurements.