Sign in to follow this  
Torino

Which snowblowers fit a 520 and C-175?

Torino

Which snowblowers will fit both a 520H and a C-175?

varosd

any of the 42" throwers will fit.  the 42 single I got for my 77 B-80 also fits my 88 520-H   my thrower is a 84 vintage. 

the later 520's with the swept axle will need the extension kit.

the monster dual stage thrower  would also fit ^_^

leeave96

...the later 520's with the swept axle will need the extension kit.

the monster dual stage thrower would also fit ^_^

Don't slap me down, but I don't think you need an extension kit for the blowers - at least the old short chute 42 inch blower I use on my 520H doesn't have any extension kit and it fits up and works great.

I've heard of an extension kit for the front blade, but not for a blower.

varosd

Don't slap me down, but I don't think you need an extension kit for the blowers - at least the old short chute 42 inch blower I use on my 520H doesn't have any extension kit and it fits up and works great.

No, you are correct.  I had snow blades on my mind!!  :D:text-thankyouyellow:

gwest_ca

Snowthrowers prior to 1991 required a 8-1650 kit to mount the snowthrower on a 520 with the forward swept front axle. Looks like it was just the lift tube.

The 1991 model 06-42ST07 and later 79360 snowthrowers did not need it.

Garry

MalMac

According to Toro on snowblowers model 06-42ST06 and older if your going to put it on a 520 1990 or newer you will need a snowblower completing package 81650. What all that entails I do not know.

varosd

So, I was sorta right?  LOL!  it would make sense that the lift tube would have to be longer if you tried to put a older ST on a swept axle rig.  I suppose the newer ST rigs came with a longer lift tube or was it an option? :rolleyes:

Torino

My 520 is  an '88 so I don't need an extension kit.  I take it the 2 stage is the best way to go.

TT

Forward-swept axle or not, the tractor frame length and the distance between the PTO pulley and the thrower jackshaft remains the same.

I believe the difference in the lift tube is that it has a "kink" so it clears the larger tie rod attachment plate on the lower steering shaft when the thrower is fully raised.

• Like 1

Kelly

Yes with out the slight bend about 15-18" from the end the lift tube hits the tie rods/lower steering, ask me I know, pretty sure the tubes are the same size just some have the bend, and with a little heat you could bend one that is not bent.

• Like 1

leeave96

My 520 is an '88 so I don't need an extension kit. I take it the 2 stage is the best way to go.

Off hand, I would say the 2 stage is the way to go, but don't own one, only a single stage.

I really like the single stage blower I have, eats and throws snow like crazy. Very simple/uncomplicated design and easy to install.

I've read at least one post where someone traded a 2 stage for a single.

Changing gears, the lift rod with the kink in it for the hater 520H - can you post a pic of this?

cheesegrader

The single stage sure is easier to mount, move and lift!

I guess it depends on how much snow you get, and how dense it is.

I got rid of a single stage, and have used a 2-stage for the past few years.

I have a cabin in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, where 6-8 foot snow drifts are common.

I also have to deal with thick, icy snow sliding off the roof of my barn.

The single stage couldn't handle it if I wasn't constantly clearing the drifts.

The 2-stage won't slow down unless drifts are over 3 feet tall, or I hit really dense, icy piles of slide-off near the barn.

Throws it as far as you like, no matter how bad the wind is off the lake.

But it weighs 320 pounds, and it is like wrestling a pig.

How much snow are you anticipating in Virginia?