monsstr

Raider 12 8 Speed Transmission help Please

TT

Just curious......

Did you get your Raider in NJ through an eBay auction?

monsstr

As a matter of fact I did. I cant remember exactly how long ago it was but I would have to guess....5-6 years maybe. It might even be longer then that. My brother and I went drove out to pick it up. I had my dads wheelhorse at the time that needed a new carb and I ended up using his for parts to fix the Raider. I had to disassemble the carb and got everything working on the plow as it should. It was missing a few pieces that my dads tractor had. I also added some new chains and a rear hitch.

I love this machine. Probably one of the best purchases I have ever made and just takes the statement "they don't make them like they use to" to a whole new level. I will never buy a new tractor again, it will always be an older wheel horse.

I take it you are familiar with my Raider?

TT

If it's the same tractor (S/N 400410), the logistics were the only thing holding me back from bidding to win. :eusa-whistle:

e6f8_3-1.jpg

e7d8_3.jpg

e9ae_3.jpg

e679_3.jpg

e924_3.jpg

• Like 1

monsstr

Thats my beast! Serial # 400410

It has run flawlessly for me since I purchased it other then some carb parts thanks to our wonderful ethanol gas and the current snafu that I blame squarely on myself.

Although truth be told, I did accidently break the back tail light and am now in the process of trying to find a replacement.

I cant believe you even have the pictures yet. So it has been a couple years since the auction, almost 6 yrs. I believe it was a 2 1/2 hr drive for me to get there but worth every mile.

Any chance you would email me those pics you have? monsstr289@comcast.net

Edited by monsstr

monsstr

Another update on the tranny gentlemen. I just spent over 6 hrs plowing heavy snow off my 1/8 mile long driveway. The transmission worked flawlessly...with the new fluid it shifts with ease.

I know I sound like a broken record but I just wanted to say again that I sincerely appreciate everyones help with getting my beast back on the road. If it wouldn't have been for all of you I would have had to hire someone to plow me out and Im sure that would not have been cheap. I wanted to take some pictures but I just finished up and its dark up so maybe tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Rick

stevasaurus

Rick...I do not want to speak for TT, but I know that we did not see anything wrong with your trans.  I want to thank you for all the pictures...you do not know what that means to us trying to help someone.  Also, I absolutely love a success story...even when we really just got to watch.  Good luck with that horse mate. :orcs-cheers:

TT

It's not too often that an early '68 Raider shows up in that condition - and that fact that it never had a PTO made it even more unique.

I saved those pictures to my Photobucket account during the auction. I don't have anything bigger or better than what you see here. :confusion-shrug:

I have "found" two more S/G '68 R12 tractors since, but neither were as nice as #400410. :handgestures-thumbup:

Glad to hear your tractor is healed, even though nothing appeared to be broken. :scratchead: