Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

I think I found my next truck

T-Mo

I have a '98 Dakota 2WD sport that's been my horse hauler. It's a good truck, but I have thinking of looking for a 4WD truck. I haven't been looking real seriously, but do check every so often to see what's out there. Yesterday I found this:

GMC on Craig's list

The price sounds too good to be true, but I email the guy anyway. I heard from him last night, but I still hadn't gotten a phone number from here. Scam maybe, but that is a good price.

Rollerman

Looks like a nice truck & since it's posted by a dealer it doesn't seem like the run of the mill sam adds on CL?

But the price does seem unbelieveably low <_<

Keep us posted.

T-Mo

After a couple of emails, he finally gave me his phone number as well as an address. I may call him to arrange a time to look at the truck.

T-Mo

Update:

Just as I thought - it wasn't for real. I finally got a response with a phone number and address. I call the number and the guy told me he has no truck for sale and that some one was playing some game. I flagged the ad. Too bad, that was a good price, too good, in fact.

Rollerman

Thats to bad Terry, it seemed awfully low price wise.

I'm sure there's a truck out there for you though....keep looking.

T-Mo

I'm not that sure I'm in the market for another truck, though I would like 4WD I think. My little Dakota is running fine and it pulls my trailer pretty easily, it's just 2WD though.

nylyon

Well that settles it then, you're gonna need an F350 4x4 Crew Cab Dually with a Power Stroke Diesel!

Sparky

So can someone enlighten me to what the scam part of this ad is? I know that its a false ad but what does a scammer get from doing it? I mean I thought scammers were after something like money or access to your bank/credit cards or something like that. Seems like this scammer would get nothing for his efforts.

Mike.....confused as usual....

Rollerman

Mike I think it has to do with your email address?

They get it & send spam mail to you?

I'm not 100% certain though :D

T-Mo

Mike,

That's why I wondered if this was legit. I guess it was a prank - though it would only work if he gave out the phone number and address sooner. :D There was a legitimate email address that I'm assuming belong to the prankster, but again, what good does it for him or the potential buyer. Maybe he did have a truck......maybe he didn't. :P Like I said, I wasn't really in the market, but for that price, I became very interested.