Sign in to follow this  
Lane Ranger

My Snowthrower Culprit

Lane Ranger

I had to quit using the Lawn Ranger Snowthrower last night as the lift rod was hanging loose  and I had to  back up into the garage.

The problem was as I suspected the  lift rod push pin used in the front came off .

I needed a good sized washer and new push pin to get everything back in order.

An easy fix but I am going to need this working as Round Two of this snowstorm will happen today or Saturday and Sunday.

This 47 year old Lawn Ranger and snowthrower does not throw the snow 15 feet but it does the job and I am more and more impressed about how good the Wheel Horse products were back when these were manufactured.

post-339-0-10730100-1391607914_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-35697600-1391607939_thumb.jpg

You can see the lift rod is loose from the STR -324 snowthrower in this photo.  

post-339-0-61302900-1391607965_thumb.jpg

Here is a photo of the lift rod, a washer and a push pin -ready for reattachment!

post-339-0-03586200-1391608482_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-57454100-1391608506_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

ol550

When that happens to me the lift rod is laying in the snow and I'm out there kicking around

in the snow looking for the spacers off the flag. :banghead:

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Parts lists call for a 3/16" x 1" cotter pin in that location. I found that the hole needs to have the rust removed to get the 3/16" cotter pin in. Not a good application for a quick pin as they quickly get removed.

Garry

• Like 2

SousaKerry

When that happens to me the lift rod is laying in the snow and I'm out there kicking around

in the snow looking for the spacers off the flag.

I don't use washers I use a clamp collar that way I have infinate adjustment and it can never fall off

34263_hr4c.jpg

http://www.fastenal.com/web/products/details/34269?searchMode=productSearch&zipcode=&filterByStore=&filterByVendingMachine=

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

Garry:  I used a quick pin pushpin for over five years on it with no problem.     However, I used this snowthrower so many times this year that I guess destiny finally arrived!  

I don't like the cotter pins (I have cut or stab myself to many times with those things)  and I can bend the end of the quick pin some to lessen chance of falling out. 

I like the collar idea SousaKerry!   But you are way down on the garage floor working on this and have to lift the snowthrower off the floor to get to the lift rod link.  

OL550  :  I will find the washer this Spring or Summer in the drive -I am sure!

Edited by Lane Ranger

AMC RULES

Ranger and blower are looking great Lane.