rj24

what transmission oil should i use in the workhorse gt 1800

rj24

the guy i got it off from used universal hydraulic and transmission fluid that is 10w-30 with something in it and toro told me it to use that

and you guys told my to use 10w-30 engine oil

what should i do or dont it mater any

leeave96

I use 10W – 30 oil in my transmission. Based on some of the posts here, I will switch to sympathetic. synthetic.

Edited by leeave96
  • Like 1

Ed Kennell

I use 10W – 30 oil in my transmission. Based on some of the posts here, I will switch to sympathetic.

SYMPATHETIC   ....  Would that be an oil that was sorry your tranny died ?   :eusa-think:

Sorry leave96...........I couldn't resist ..... :ROTF:

• Like 3

leeave96

SYMPATHETIC   ....  Would that be an oil that was sorry your tranny died ?   :eusa-think:

Sorry leave96...........I couldn't resist ..... :ROTF:

That's what I get for using the voice recognition on my phone when replying to these posts!!!!!!!!

Maybe what I meant to say was - to be sympathetic to my tranny, I use synthetic oil...  :happy-jumpeveryone:

• Like 2

rj24

so it dont mater what i use

stevasaurus

Use the 10W-30...that is sympathetic enough.  :)

Sparky

so it dont mater what i use

Umm..no....it does matter, your machine should have 10w-30 or maybe 10w-40 motor oil. Not universal hydraulic fluid or transmission fluid. Here's where you might have a problem. If the owner before you dumped in some home-grown concoction or mix you'll need to make sure its ALL OUT before you add the correct oil.

Remember to get a new filter as well. It sounds like you have a TORO dealer nearby so get it from them.

Mike...........

• Like 2

rj24

ok i'll go there and see