876wheelhorse

brinly rear blade

876wheelhorse

bought a cheap rear blade it needs some work like a handle to angle it. anyone know if thats the same blade they use for the box blade. if so wouldnt be real hard to build the sides and the teeth. anyone know much about these? i need the sleeve hitch adaptor also anyone make those cheaper than i can?

Dieselcowboy

It is the same blade used for a box blade. I did just what you are talking about and made sides. Easy as cake. I layed flat steel up next to the side , traced the curve onto it. Cut it out. Welded 2 tabs onto the back side and bolted it to the blade. Like the factory has there is a bar running across the front  edge between the 2 sides to hold them together. 

876wheelhorse

i see what size did you make the sides ?

Dieselcowboy

I have this blade down the road at my grandpas house. Use it to scrape our horse dry lot into piles. I think what i used is 1/8" thick and made it 10 or 12 in front to back. It can only be so wide front to back or it will catch the rear of the tractor when turning it around to push or pull. Also I raised the plates up on the sides so the blade cutting edge will still cut and the side just hold as suppose to. If I can get down there and get a couple pics today I will and post.

Dieselcowboy

Here is what I have come up with that works for me. It's not exactly like brinly made them but is easy to make. The flat side is approx 7 in from the top of the blade to the front where the box tube is welded. Could you use a hand? J/K

post-6454-0-31378000-1391538190_thumb.jp

post-6454-0-98004800-1391538226_thumb.jp

post-6454-0-80988400-1391538597_thumb.jp

Edited by Dieselcowboy