Sign in to follow this  
rustyoldjunk

pictures of the $30 haul

rustyoldjunk

here are the pics of last weekends thirty dollar haul.there is two 606 frames,a pretty much complete 657 minus engine but with solid mower deck and slot hitch,a front axle,spindles and tie rods from what is supposed to be a 416 and the grader blade box.the grader looks like someone decided to make it a box.does anyone know if it is or was a factory wheel horse rear grader or not? if so what model(s)would it have been built for? also the 657 has what appears to be 2 factory holes in the front axle anybody have any idea what they are for?

Attached Image

post-3-1220910776.jpg

rustyoldjunk

heres another

Attached Image

post-3-1220910943.jpg

rustyoldjunk

these pics arent very good,im working with the camera that i broke awhile back i have it apart and barelying working :banghead: if you saw it you wouldnt think it would be working at all,gotta get a new camera....note to self...

Attached Image

post-3-1220911165.jpg

rustyoldjunk

and one more bad picture.heres the holes in the front axle of the 657.

Attached Image

post-3-1220911293.jpg

rustyoldjunk

heres a couple of the grader blade turned grader box.

Attached Image

post-3-1220911474.jpg

rustyoldjunk

another.

Attached Image

post-3-1220911585.jpg

BPjunk

Wheel Horse didn't have holes in the front axle. Can you post a close up picture of what you have?

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

rustyoldjunk

Bill the fourth picture is a closeup of the front axle with the holes in it.its on the 657.

BPjunk

and one more bad picture.heres the holes in the front axle of the 657.

Opps Sorry I got a phone call while writting a reply and now see you have a picture.

These are not stock holes, they may have been a support rod holes for a attachmnet like a home made snow plow.

Will Bill in Richmond, Va.

rustyoldjunk

ok much thanks Bill.any idea if grader blade an original wheel horse blade?

Kelly

looks like a good haul, lots of parts, my guess is that grader is homemade, or modified from something else, not saying they never made one :banghead: but I've never heard of a WH rear grader, maybe a D had one????

Kelly

And $20 for a 3 hour trip???? what did you drive, a moped????

pond195520032003

Kelly, he drove a wheel horse, $5.00 for gas and $15.00 for eats :omg::banghead::lol: anyway thats a good haul for $30.00 :thumbs: dont know what the rear blade is or was for :lol: but definitly not wheel horse :USA:

Kelly

not sure my horse's would run 3 hours on $20 I know plowing they don't

stevinator

You did good, I went to an auction Sat and a wheel horse like that with no engine and no deck in rough shape went for 100 or better.I didn't want to restore that model and didn't know for sure if it could be saved, but for cheap I would have grabbed it for parts for any of the forum members trying to complete one. I thought it went too high. :banghead:

bambooheels

i want to know what kind of truck you have that an get 3 hours of driving with 20$ gas, did you stel the fuel?

rustyoldjunk

ok no it wasnt a moped and i didnt ride a horse,it wasnt even the diesel powered dakota,it was my old F150,with a efi 5.0 and T18 four speed (no overdrive and 3.50 gears outback,the factory tach tells me about 2400 rpm at 60mph.guess i should of clarified,it was about 100 mile round trip about an hour there,i was there about an hour,and about an hour home.im going back in a couple of weeks,to pick (hopefully if he has what he wants off the stuff) a parts C120 that he got from me a few years ago,a few kohler k301's,and k241 in different states of repair and a bucket full or too of kohler parts(he got this stuff from me too) and last but not least a 1267 that is complete and looked runnable (he wanted to get the rear tach-a matic off it first,and its the only tractor thats complete he wanted to sell.in the meantime i need to get back to the lady here localy thats got the wheel horse plow,cultuvator,disc and a few other attatchment pieces.she wanted to let me know a price after she talked to her brother in a couple of weeks,that was about eight weeks ago so i may gio see here in the next day or two if i have time.then theres what left of a C series frame a sheetmetal over by rockville that i want the hood and belt guard off of.......lol....at that point i will be about parts filled up for this season.

bambooheels

hate to call you a liar but that would me that ford is getting you about 45 miles to the gallon, you should call "BUSH" tell him what you got there. either way, great find, hope you keep getting more like that. must have driven alot of down hill roads. :banghead:

sorekiwi

hate to call you a liar but that would me that ford is getting you about 45 miles to the gallon, you should call "BUSH" tell him what you got there.

$20 gas = 5.25 Gallons fuel approx.

100 mile round trip = 19 mpg approx

Sounds reasonable to me at 60 mph.....

rustyoldjunk

bamboo,you must not have seen my last post before you replied.it was just under a hundred mile round trip and the old ford gets about 20 mpg on the hiway if i keep it down to about 60mph.thanks for nice words on the haul guys.im hoping to go back and get at least the c120 parts tractor for the spare belt guard 8 speed rear,the kohler engine parts and see if he has anymore 65-67 sheetmetal.

bluetuna08

:banghead: ...but did I catch you say diesel dakota? is it a small izuzu or cummins 4BTA? do tell...I am a diesel guy myself :USA:

rustyoldjunk

blue,i was joking about the dakota.it poped into my head because there was a diesel powered one for sale recently in the "indiana auto & rv" paper.the ad said it had a gm 4.3 diesel engine? never heard of one but that was the ad.

CasualObserver

You did good, I went to an auction Sat and a wheel horse like that with no engine and no deck in rough shape went for 100 or better.I didn't want to restore that model and didn't know for sure if it could be saved, but for cheap I would have grabbed it for parts for any of the forum members trying to complete one. I thought it went too high. :banghead:

:USA: Steve, I wasn't able to go the that sale, but had the in-laws watching that for me too. I had told them for for $25 bring it home... I couldn't believe it when they told me what it went for!

Raider

Whatever happened to your camera is making for some very interesting pictures. They have an almost 3D effect to them. It would be fun to play with that camera and see what kind of unexpected photos it will make.

WheelHorse_of_course

Whatever happened to your camera is making for some very interesting pictures. They have an almost 3D effect to them. It would be fun to play with that camera and see what kind of unexpected photos it will make.

:banghead:

Raider,

what you are seeing is called "depth of field". All other things being equal the brighter the light the greater the range of "in focus" versus distance.

The less the light the more you get that soft focus in front of and/or behind the main subject.

With a manual film camera you can get more depth of field (more range of sharpness) by closing the aperture and then compensating by using a slower shutter speed.

Likewise, you can open the aperture opening and use a faster shutter speed to reduce the depth of field.

:USA:

:omg: