formariz

Plow blade cutting edge

formariz

A few years back I bought one on ebay from someone made for wheelhorse plows.I can't seem to find that source anymore. Does anyone know where to get one?

Thank you.

cheesegrader

The 48" edge is still available from Toro dealers.

Tankman

Pick up a piece of flat bar steel and drill mounting holes?  :eusa-think:

When I need a blade that's what I intend to do but, use locking nuts and threadlocker blue on them.

Or, take the flat bar to a shop that can punch square holes for the carriage bolts.

• Like 1

js5020

Pick up a piece of flat bar steel and drill mounting holes?  :eusa-think:

When I need a blade that's what I intend to do but, use locking nuts and threadlocker blue on them.

Or, take the flat bar to a shop that can punch square holes for the carriage bolts.

Thats all I ever do with the GT stuff when I need a cutting edge, the mild steel may not be as tough but it works for many years.

Wishin4a416

It is a lot cheaper to make your own. I made mine out of 1/4 x 2 barstock. You can still get them from your Toro dealer tho.

slammer302

What size is your blade I just made two of them I think mine are 42" made out of 3/16 stainless steal

can whlvr

you can buy triangle files that you can make the holes in the flat stock square after they are drilled

SgtBob

Just before winter I had a local steel fabrication shop make one for me out of 1/4" X 4" stock 48" wide.  The square holes were punched dead center so it can be flipped if it ever wears down that far, it should last forever.  I had them use 4" wide because that was a normal width they keep on hand and anything narrower would have had to be cut down when it could be used as is.  They charged me only $17.00 

Edited by SgtBob

Hodge71

I made mine for the 56" plow on the 18 Auto out of a used cutting edge from a state snowplow. It was 5/8"x almost 6 inches used. Darn thing weighed about 100 pounds when I got it cuz it was 10 feet long. I whacked in half wit the torch, drilled new holes as the factory ones were way off and mounted it up. It works awesome and it was free!!

• Like 1

pfrederi

You do not have to square the holes in you homemade edge.  Just use the old edge on top of your new metal, it is thick enough to take the square shank portion of the carriage bolt..

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 2