pfrederi

Which Horse will they have to pry from your cold dead fingers

pfrederi

To steal a line from Charlton Heston....For multiple Horse owners which one is the last one you would ever let go of?  My L-107 that my Dad bought new will be the last one to go.  It will go to my grand nephew (his great grandson)...and then only when they haul me off to the old farts home.

1b71cb303506462.jpg

Edited by pfrederi

WH nut

My 704 is the keeper

• Like 1

squonk

I love my 704 as well but I would have to say my C-160 as it does the most work around here.

bmsgaffer

I have been driving my C-105 since I was too young to reach the pedals (dad did that part). It will be the last one to go, but the one I am rebuilding will be the work horse so That will be hard to let go too...

I am going to have to make sure to raise my son (9 months old) to enjoy and respect these machines as much as me and my father so he will pass them on to his children.

Wishin4a416

The 87   312-8 that I bought new I would guess.

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

The 87   312-8 that I bought new I would guess.

Same as Jack. The 1991 312-8 that I bought new would be the last one to go. Just look how happy I am in my Avatar pic :)

• Like 3

AMC RULES

All of 'em.   :) 

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

definitely would be the 401, but if I could keep one other one it would probably be the 702 I have, it is in perfect original condition.

Brrly1

Dad's GT14, No doubt in my mind. Nephew wants it when I give up

cruisnblue48

I see a pattern here... either one we bought new ourselves or a new one that belonged to our dads. The one I most definitely will hold onto is the 1962 552 that my dad bought new when I was just six years old. My dad sold it back in the '70s. I got it back from the family that bought it from my dad 2-1/2 years ago after not seeing it or knowing of its whereabouts for nearly 40 years. I am currently restoring it and enjoying every phase of the restoration project. She should be completed by the time the Big Show in Arendtsville, PA rolls around this year. I am hoping it eventually gets passed down to my grandson who is now four years of age.

post-5879-0-24476200-1390515708_thumb.jp

post-5879-0-89878400-1390515676_thumb.jp

Edited by cruisnblue48
  • Like 7

Gunny

My 857.  My Dad purchased new in 1967, I received it in 1998 and has been worked with and played with by 4 generations of our family.  The youngest being 8 months old went for a ride over Christmas.  Last week it went from pulling pine logs, to being ridden by an 8 year old all within an hour.  It is indeed a multipurpose machine.

• Like 3

Wheel Horse Kid

Mine would be my 1045 Pulling Tractor that my grandpa had for close to 25 years (if not longer) and it was the tractor that my dad used for mowing and snowplowing when him and mom first moved into our house after they had the house built. Also, it was the tractor that grandpa and dad turned into a pulling tractor for me when I was a little kid and then grandpa gave it to me a few years later. It will be with me till the day I die! ;)

• Like 2

can whlvr

hard question to answer,love em all,but for me it would be my 308 that I bought brand new and the 42 side discharge deck

• Like 1

doc724

My 1978 C141-8 that I restored (along with the deck and snow plow) last year.  Why-because it reminds me of a time when I was much younger when I bought my first Wheel Horse, a 1979 C111-8.  I let my grandkids drive it around in low gear (with supervision of course).  Only one of the grandkids has seen it after the resto.  His comments:  It looks brand new!

• Like 1

Desko

I would say my GT-1142 my grandpa bought it new and I never knew him so its all I have to remember him by. I respect the tractor and will never let it out of this Desko family nor would I let my dads D-160 go because that's the first horse I learned to ride :)

• Like 2

dcrage

I am in the "one I bought new camp" -- It would be my 310-8 with the 37" SD -- It made a WH lover out of me

• Like 2

smoreau

My late grandfathers 875 he bought new in 1965. It's the one I got to drive as a kid

• Like 2

oldredrider

I'm taking ALL of mine with me!

• Like 1

smoreau

I'm taking ALL of mine with me!

Amen brother!

boovuc

My C-175 stays no matter what. Even if I have to repower it with an Onan someday. (Still has the original KT17 Series I in it)!

It was my first Wheelhorse and it still gets used year-round.

• Like 2

Marv

Count me in the all of them and I'm taking them with me group. Especially my dad's B80 which my son and son inlaw also used.

Marvin

sorekiwi

It'll probably be my 1973 14 Auto, the first one I bought (well used in 2001!) 

The funny thing is I haven't moved it in about 3 years as it needs an engine rebuild.  I am really not a fan of that C series type styling either.  But it did me well for quite a few years.  Its fairly original, still has reasonably good paint, and hasn't spent a night outside in its life

SALTYWRIGHT

IF I CAN NOT TAKE 3 OR 4 WITH ME I WILL SEND THEM A HEAD.

• Like 2

Coadster32

If I had to choose between the 854, or the 551....there'd be no choice. :snooty:

flyovrcntry

My grandson gets my 417-A and he will also get my favorite,it's a GT14 I sold to a friend and sorry I did.He promised me I could have it back if he decides to sell.I didn't realize what an animal that GT14 was until I sold it.Now it's what I judge ever GT by

• Like 1