bmsgaffer

K301/K341 Carb Swap?

bmsgaffer

I have a C-125 with either bad fuel system or bad ignition system (or combo of the two). Lots of rust on the engine bits and the bushings for the throttle need to be replaced. Decent amount of play in the shaft.

I have a C-165 with bad rings (major smoker), but good engine bits (carb, ignition etc)

Seeing as it is going to be desperately cold out there and snowing this week, can I temporarily swap the entire carb and ignition system from the K341 to the K301? I will get the 301 carb inside on a bench and properly take care of it, but I need to keep my plow tractor running. Parts take time to be delivered and I would like to be warm for it. The C-165 smoked so bad I already started the tear down for restoration and thus it cannot be a plow tractor.

Kelly

the ign. system is all the same, the carb should work in the cold, but it is to big, fuel wise but will physically bolt on, you may have to tweak the settings to get it to run right. 

bmsgaffer

the ign. system is all the same, the carb should work in the cold, but it is to big, fuel wise but will physically bolt on, you may have to tweak the settings to get it to run right. 

I was able to do the swap but it was a bear to tune. I ended up using the carb from a blown 10hp that is in mildly better shape than the 12 (they use the same carb). But Kelly was correct they will swap, but its not worth the effort.

Edited by bmsgaffer