farmcodan

Which snowblower and what to look for?

farmcodan

Could someone give me an idea of where I might find out what model(s)  snowblower would work with my 314H  ( ca. 1993)?

I have found a couple close enough to me to be of interest, but I have no idea how to tell if they would work with my machine. One is a model #6-6211  another is #06-37SK1.

If I go looking, what should I look for as far as mountings and brackets?

Thanks for any and all information.

JDR

squonk

If they are the from the mid 70's on up I think any will work. Be sure to get the lift bar and flag 

whfan74

I have one for you in north central indiana. Pm me for more info.

gwest_ca

The snowthrower model sold in 1993 for the 314-H was model 06-42ST07

Operator manual

and IPL

These will give you an idea of what you need to look for. Models 1973 and up for the C-Series except C-195 and the 300, 400 and 500 series until the last in 2007 will all fit.

Model 6-6211 is a basic unit that required a completing pkg to fit the various models in 1969-1973

This package

would fit on your front quick hitch.

Model 06-37SK01 is one designed to fit the 200-Series tractors with vertical engine crankshaft so that will not work.

Garry

farmcodan

Thanks, all.

This gives me an idea of what to look for.  I hope it's mostly too late for this year, but who knows...

JDR

Hydro

Check out the tall chute model 79360.  It began in 1993 and carried through until 2001 according to the Toro link I have.  They're great and will really throw snow.  I have one and power it with a 16 Kohler.  I have a 14 Kohler too l and I know it would handle it as well.

shallowwatersailor

I agree with Gary as I just bought a model 79360 this year myself. It changed to model 79362 in 2002-2007; this might help you with broadening the search.

Jake217

Ditto on 79360.  I have it on a 312-H right now and it throws snow very well.  Also fairly easy to work on,

Forest Road

Tall shoot single!!! Can't go wrong.

snowmoose

why do the tall chute singles work so much better that the short ones??

Sparky

I think because the chute is narrower it acts like a venturi.....and the snow expels with more force which equals more distance.

Mike..........

Hydro

Never had a short chute but Mike is right.  You get more distance with the tall chute.

Tim

a WH dealer told me that the long chutes are designed so that the snow does not get directed until later as it is thrown

the short chutes start redirecting the snow as soon as the snow exits the auger section.

he told me he cut his short chute up, straightened and lengthened it for more distance.

Hydro

I've had the 2 stage and the thrower on the same tractor.  Unless you have the 520 or the equivalent the 2 stage is too much...excepting a 416-8 (in my humble opinion).  The single stage thrower works way better for lower HP applications.  The tall chute is the evolution of years of successful sales with the original style.  Guess it depends on what you find, what price and the condition.

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Interesting comments on the tall chute vs. the short chute. Was wondering WHY myself.

If you happen upon a short chute snow thrower in nice shape for a nice price. Dont pass it up. You will be happy you didnt.

Glenn