SousaKerry

Female spade connectors

SousaKerry

Has anyone ever come across a source or part number for the special female crimp on spade connectors that WH used inside the black plastic connectors on the back side of an ignition switch on C series tractors, also used on the voltage regulator.  A buddy at work is making a new harness and is having trouble locating the exact one.

Thanks in advance.

pacer
inside the black plastic connectors

How about that black connector with the 3 slots? Mine melted at the switch and the reg - I have it patched but would like to do it right.

Edited by pacer

TT

Ignition switch connector body:

http://www.pcsconnectors.com/2973422.aspx

The "3 in a row" 15AMP R/R connector body is Kohler p/n 236602

The connector body for the old 10AMP "L pattern" terminals is Kohler p/n 237429

• Like 2

KC9KAS

I was going to ask "what makes these female spades so special", but I see they are the type that fit tightly into the black plastic plugs!

That TT is the man!

Know where I can find the 2 prong plug (male & female) for the electric clutch on my Raider 12?

Edited by KC9KAS

squonk

What a handy thread. Just in time for Marvin's rewire!  :)

pacer

Weve about hijacked sousas orig post, but hopefully its still close enough on topic ...

KC, the link TT gave to pcsconnectors has all kinds of goodies - I found the 'T' shaped 3 prong I had asked about there so maybe they will have yours -- look here: http://www.pcsconnectors.com/packard56.aspx

TT, thanks for that great link, I ended up finding several items I just HAD to have there...

I see I typed to slow --- typical of this site, folks help out so fast !

Edited by pacer

KC9KAS

Like I said above, "TT, You 'da Man"!

TT

So you guys will miss me when I go back to work Monday? :ychain:

• Like 2

doc724

I used PS connect when I was restoring some of the wiring terminations on my C141.  The Packard series 56 connectors are the style used by GM through the mid 1980's.  Once computers and low voltage wiring came into use, the series 56 was pushed aside and metripak (sealed) connectors became the standard.  PS connect is fast but there is a $10 minimum order.  Also, the packard connectors require a special crimp tool to get a good robust crimp.  The generic crimping tools that work well with insulated terminals will not provide a secure crimp with the Packard series 56 connectors.  Take your time, squeeze the crimp with narrow nosed pliers and solder the crimp if you have a soldering iron available. 

P.S. the terminal will only go into the plastic housing one way, there is a tang on the terminal that will lock into the housing

SousaKerry

Sweet thanks guys I will pass the info along. I hate dealing with my local Napa their customer service is terrible so I will keep the crimp supply link handy.

Maybe we should get this thread pinned. Good info for future reference

chazm

NO !!!!!!! DON'T GO TT...  :bow-blue:      How will we ever function ?   :eusa-think:     :ychain: 

Edited by chazm

KC9KAS

I used PS connect when I was restoring some of the wiring terminations on my C141.  The Packard series 56 connectors are the style used by GM through the mid 1980's.  Once computers and low voltage wiring came into use, the series 56 was pushed aside and metripak (sealed) connectors became the standard.  PS connect is fast but there is a $10 minimum order.  Also, the packard connectors require a special crimp tool to get a good robust crimp.  The generic crimping tools that work well with insulated terminals will not provide a secure crimp with the Packard series 56 connectors.  Take your time, squeeze the crimp with narrow nosed pliers and solder the crimp if you have a soldering iron available. 

P.S. the terminal will only go into the plastic housing one way, there is a tang on the terminal that will lock into the housing

I usually solder all my "crimp" terminals and apply heat shrink tubing. I have had so much trouble with crimp connections over the years. The only thing that cause more trouble than a crimp terminal is one of these "tap & go" connectors.

561371.jpg

Work is a 4 letter word!

Martin

good link TT. I haven't come across them before.will compare their prices to what i buy already......

in my searches for packard and molex connectors these companies are also good to deal with.....

they also carry the fuse blocks for the 3,4,5 tractors too......

http://www.mouser.com - molex and also have micro switches for the safeties on the 3,4,5,  tractors......

http://www.delcity.net - packard 56 connectors and tools.

http://www.elecdirect.com/catalog/d2fa6d68-e6e1-4f72-96f2-eedfe6cce416.aspx- cole hersee switches

heres some better links........

micro switches.....

http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=v-162-1c25

kits for molex, you can buy just the 9 terminal connectors separate, but i got a kit instead.....

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Molex/76650-0157/?qs=%2fha2pyFadujWkEa0ZMWtz644BPYZmB8FIreK3BZNxI9pCzJOMIwLSA%3d%3d

packard 56 connectors and terminals......

http://www.delcity.net/productsearch?search=packard+56&x=13&y=15

Edited by Martin

Martin

maybe a sticky is in order for all the different electrical stuff for the different models? i have a bunch of different sources i have used.....

• Like 1

JC 1965

Terry,  I had wondered why you hadn't posted for a while.    :angry-tappingfoot:   I figured you were busy at work and then lately I saw you were posting again. :bow-blue:  I said (  Yes ) Terry is back . Well I know from past experience that when there's work it must get done BUT I look forward to reading your posts whenever possible. You're a wealth of knowledge so post whenever you have time.   :hide:

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

Very good thread!!! Thanks!!v Mine are ordered and in shipment.

dclarke

maybe a sticky is in order for all the different electrical stuff for the different models? i have a bunch of different sources i have used.....

Good idea, Martin.

tunahead72

Terry,  I had wondered why you hadn't posted for a while.    :angry-tappingfoot:   I figured you were busy at work and then lately I saw you were posting again. :bow-blue:  I said (  Yes ) Terry is back . Well I know from past experience that when there's work it must get done BUT I look forward to reading your posts whenever possible. You're a wealth of knowledge so post whenever you have time.   :hide:

Yep, EXACTLY what he said!   :thanks: