Sign in to follow this  
perry

breaking the ice

perry

the sun came out the other day so i figured i would try and get some of the ice off my driveway.

never would have thought i would be using a cultivator & a grader blade in the middle of winter.

Awheelhorseice002.jpg

old david bradley cultivator i pulled out of the woods. has'nt made it to the scrap yard yet. maybe i outta keep it around for breaking ice.

Awheelhorseice005.jpg

if you look WAY in the distant you can just see the top of my drive at the road. it has a long straightaway then a steep hill to get to the road. this makes for a wild ride when icey. i did get some of the ice up where the sun was beating. every littlebit helps. maybe i should look into some sand and a spreder.

Awheelhorseice008.jpg

kj4kicks

Great Idea Perry !

You would think that a heavy old WH with chains on all 4's would break the ice some, too!

Eldon.

Rollerman

Looks like you got the ice pretty bad up there!

Been wet down here during the day & freezing at night.

I used a broadcast spreader to sling some salt around on the walks.

Now theres an idea...hae one on back of the plow tractor just like the highway trucks :D

perry

we really did'nt get the ice too bad here. its just a mixture between the snow, warmth, rain, and freezing temps. turns my gravel drive to crap. i thought you guys down by the border where getting hit?. there calling for 4" to 8" here for this saturday night. we'll see.

the last three storms missed us.

Rollerman

Perry looks like this weekends snow is going to go over & under us...but not through :D