leeave96

Garden 2104

leeave96

I figured I'd get things off to a start since the temperature has warmed-up for the day and sun is shining.

My goal this year - 2 gardens.  1 small one at the house and a large one at my Dad's camp.

One thing on the agenda this year is a fence around the large garden to keep the Deer and other critters out!

I'd like to build something that is both functional and easy on the eyes too.  Thinking about burying some fence wire to keep the ground hogs from digging under the fence.

Anyone ready for gardening in 2014 ?!?!?!?!

Anyone got some pics/ideas they can share with respect to a nice looking - yet functional garden fence?

Thanks!

Bill

IthacaJeff

Bill,

Check back through the garden threads on keeping out deer. I've got some garden fence pics.

My garden this year will be trees. I've got plans for our empty 3 acres to grow trees -- specialty, firewood, screening,

nuts. But, our last attempt to do a large tree planting was met by deer. This time we are going the plant the seedlings

in the fenced off garden. Using woven poly bags as "grow bags" in place of 5 gal containers. Got about 150 of the 

bags free on CL -- they were old feedbags (chicken and dog food). Roll down the top about half way down, fill with

about 5 gal of soil, plant the seedling, and line up in the garden. Of course, we'll grow the usual crop of tomatoes,

potatoes, lettuce, an zukes. 

We'll see how it goes.

Jeff