Sign in to follow this  
Docwheelhorse

Low Pressure electric fuel pump...

Docwheelhorse

Happy New Year to one and all,

I picked up a really cool 1990 Winco 6000 continuous watt genset that has been sitting in a garage corner since 1993. Story goes that Grandpa bought it brand new in 1990 and died in early 1993 and Grandma left it sitting in the garage ever since. Motor is an 11 hp electric start Briggs flathead with charging system and uses a tractor battery just like we put in the 'horses.

Unit weighs in @ 220 lbs! Its all copper wound, all made in the USA and when I poured in fresh gas it started on the second pull.

Heres the issue---it came from the factory with an itty bitty 1.5 gallon tank and the owners manual says the unit uses 1.09 gallon an hour at full steam. :roll:

So I was trying to figure out if I should switch out the dipstick tube (briggs has steel dipstick tubes with a nipple soldered in for this purpose) and put on a used pulse pump and run the unit off a boat tank ---or--- buy a low pressure 12 vdc electric fuel pump. I figure the 12 vdc pump is the simplest way to set this up.

Does anybody know of a good, reliable, relatively inexpensive 12 vdc electric fuel pump I could run on this genset?

I plan on leaving the original tank and putting a tee with 2 shut off valves so I can exercise the unit on the 1.5 gallon tank or switch the valves and run the unit off a 6 gallon boat tank.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks Tony

Edited by Docwheelhorse

Docwheelhorse

Hi,

thanks! I also did some topic searching here and found a thread about the Purolator Facet model # 04SV... Maybe somebody will have another idea but so far one of these 2 pumps looks good and there both $35...

Tony

woodchuckfarmer

I got one at NAPA, about  $55 bucks

wheeledhorseman

This is the Facet I fitted to my D-200 and another to my 316

post-4509-0-65278800-1389572648.jpg

Its the low pressure 1.4 - 5 psi type - no problems on either tractor in fact give these a second or two to fill the float bowl and the tractors fire up on the button.

Andy

JC 1965

Hi,

thanks! I also did some topic searching here and found a thread about the Purolator Facet model # 04SV... Maybe somebody will have another idea but so far one of these 2 pumps looks good and there both $35...

Tony

Tony,   I have been using the  facet model # 04SV on two of my Wheel horse tractors for about 2 years and they work great. They are rated at 1.5 to 4.0 PSI and are recommended for use on all kinds of small engines small from boat motors to generators. Should work great for you. Hope this helps.   :thumbs2:

Marv

Tony,

I have three tractors using the Facet pump. Works great for me.

Marvin

rick

I have two tractors equipped with Facet pumps, one from NAPA, the other from Kirk Engines. I recommend 'em!

squonk

Napa # is 610-1051. The pump is a Facet. Got one in my C-160 for 2 yrs. now