Rick_in_CT

Snow machine modification

Rick_in_CT

My neighbor sent me the link below to a video on a 1929 Fordson snow machine.  I have never seen anything like it, but now I'm thinking I want to build one using a wheel horse tractor.  It looks like it could be a real fun project.  I think that the drive method that they used might be easier to fabricate than a tracked drive system.

What do you think, does this have possibilities?

Rick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=zBjlSJf4274&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DzBjlSJf4274%26feature%3Dyoutu.be&app=desktop

• Like 1

AMC RULES

I've often wondered why the Fordson idea never took off...

might be the perfect marriage for our  :wh: machines.                  :handgestures-thumbsup: 

Good luck with your endeavor, I know I can't wait to see what you come up with. 

Kennedy

That's a slick set up. Good luck with it.

wallfish

It's been done with a WH but can't find the link.

Wishin4a416

That is Cool.   I have never seen that before. Good Luck!!

GlenPettit

About ten years ago, someone posted some photos of a Wheel Horse used in swampy wet grass to just drive around (not mow), they had used a pair of old Hot Water tanks for the "screws" on each side, with welded 'threads", wheels were still on it, the screws could be raised & lowered.  Not as fast as the Fordson but it floated on the swamp very well.

Edited by GlenPettit

Dieselcowboy

People had good ideas how to get things done in the old days. If they had a need it got built. Ohsa approved today. Wonder how many of those fordsons and conversions are still hiding around today?