Sign in to follow this  
illinilefttackle

POINT SAVER THINGY ?

illinilefttackle

:USA: This thing sounds like a good thing. I read the spiel, if it works like they say it does-it could be a good thing. Has anyone tried this thingy? Transistor ignition has come of age in the Auto industry-Why not Kohlers too?

Hotter spark? Let's hear your opinions-OK?-AL :banghead:

http://www.kirkengines.com/

BPjunk

Interesting find Al ..... just wished they has a phone number. :banghead:

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

CasualObserver

That's David Kirk's website... He's well known on the IH side of the lines.... the Cub guys highly recommend his Point Saver. I would assume he doesn't list his phone number because it's just a side business for him... he's got a day job.

Any questions you can email to David@kirkengines.com

Here's another guy who sells the exact same thing... although I've never heard of him. He does have a phone number.

http://overnight-solutions.com/page2.html

Teddy da Bear

Interesting stuff Al....

Maybe it should be put in a permanent link.

Kelly

I like some of the stuff he has for sale, That points saver, sounds like a nice item, I might have to try one.

illinilefttackle

:USA: Well Guys- I'm jumping in with both feet!-I'm ordering the Point-Saver & The Blue Bosch coil. I figure if my coil is 27 years old-it won't hurt to replace it-Pics coming whe I get it and install it-See Ya-AL :banghead:

sorekiwi

I like some of the stuff he has for sale, That points saver, sounds like a nice item, I might have to try one.

You have a problem, Kelly.

What do you do if you really like it? Then you'll have to buy about 25 more for the other tractors!

:banghead:

Teddy da Bear

What do you do if you really like it? Then you'll have to buy about 25 more for the other tractors!
Your short in your count for Kelly's tractors.

Add another 10 or 15 to that number....lol

Kelly

Running tractors he's pretty close.

perry

i bought something simular for one of my briggs engine's. i basicly disconect the points and leave them in there. install this electronic ignition somewhere on the tractor. works great and i am really happy with it. :banghead: but this one wil not work on kohlers. the kohler one you listed dont sound to bad. tell us how you like it :USA: .

here is what i bought : http://cgi.ebay.com/Solid-State-Ignition-M...1QQcmdZViewItem

rocking 416

That sounds great...please let me know how ur install goes. is it easier then breacker points? ,timing ect......im have like 3 kohler engines imite considering puting them on. but :banghead: id like to here some honest feedback from redsquare guys

WheelHorse_of_course

Seems like a decent idea and the price is really reasonable. I guess it would make the most sense on a machine that regularly gets lots of hours.

Keep us posted.

BTW, Kohler had their own K-series electronic ignition from 1969 to ???. Not sure why they stopped offering it, but they were ahead of the times. :banghead: