gehosky c-125

k 161t

gehosky c-125

Hello all i am new to this forum and was looking for some help maybe just some knowledge i have recently purchased a k 161 from a tiller it is only 1hp less than the k 181. With that being said i was thinkin about putting it on my tractor i currently have the kohler 12hp in my tractor now but it smokes crazy white not sure why could be rings or i was told could be stuck float on carb letting to much gas by pas and go into oil and thin it out. i checked do have lot of gas in oil. anyhow different subject for different time my ????'s are can i run this k 161 motor on my tractor?  My other ? is i bought this motor and the t at end of 161 according to manuals tell me it is retractable start meaning pull start but guy i got motor from has started to convert to electric start i have the points in the condensor hooked up and coil hooked up with starter in place am i missing anything else ?? thank you in adance for all your help 

Fordiesel69

1.) What kind of starter, is it a belt drive or gear drive?  If belt drive, then you have everything you need.  If you have a gear drive, then you need a stator and flywheel.  Although it would work on your tractor, it is 7hp which would be too small.

2.)  Oil smoke on a 12hp indicates bad rings.  Usually the bore is worn out as well.  Rebuild kits are avail on ebay for a good price.

gehosky c-125

Hey thank you so much my friend let me ask you this i have a fly wheel on and a stator but only one wire coming of stator where does it go according to manuals there should be two wires from stator that go to voltage regulator on the ac sides of regulator then to ignition switch???? The stator the fella had put on there only has one wire coming out and goes no where. Also is there a group on here that sells used parts for fair prices. Thanks again 

Fordiesel69

I am not sure, may want to remove and look for a wire broken.

gehosky c-125

Ok thanks again

Also wanted to say the white smoke on the 12 hp is only on initial startup from what I see

Fordiesel69

Could you post a video so we can all see what is going.

gehosky c-125

Is there a place on here to buy or sell parts