Sign in to follow this  
Raider12

Engine Trans Plant Need some input

Raider12

Do you any of you know why I could not put a 20 Ownan on a 518-H. The 518-H had an Ownan that went south. Or would it be better to find a 18 hp Kohler?

kj4kicks

No reason that I can think of why an ONAN 20 wouldn't fit right in there. It would be much easier than figuring out how to re-wire it for the Kohler.

pond195520032003

im with Kelly on that :thumbs: bolt holes will line up, pto should be the same and throttle/choke will be the same :USA: even the alternator plug should be the same :banghead: but just in case its not :lol: all you would have to do is remove the flywheel and change it out :omg: like stated, with changine to a kohler, you would have to change wiring, drill holes for mounting new engine, and possibly re-route cables :D pto might be different :lol: just a thought :D

Kelly

Greg, I didn't say anything????? yet, But I do agree with both Eldon and Greg, if you have or can get a Onan use it, save some hasle's later, but if you go with a Kohler let me know I know where a 417 is that is getting parted soon, it has a bad motor.

Nick

I am no mechanic but for a while we used a 520 that my brother had put on a newer Kohler 23hp he had around. Now we didnt bother with the pto because it was a dedicated loader tractor but the wiring wasnt a big deal for him. He even had the tach working. I think on it he just had to add something to in the ignition system. :banghead: I could try asking him. :USA:

Clickable thumbs

th_525KW.jpg

th_525kohler.jpg

th_525kohler2.jpg

th_525nc195.jpg

Raider12

I am no mechanic but for a while we used a 520 that my brother had put on a newer Kohler 23hp he had around. Now we didnt bother with the pto because it was a dedicated loader tractor but the wiring wasnt a big deal for him. He even had the tach working. I think on it he just had to add something to in the ignition system. :banghead: I could try asking him. :USA:

Clickable thumbs

th_525KW.jpg

th_525kohler.jpg

th_525kohler2.jpg

th_525nc195.jpg

WOW! Thats cool. MY brother & I are looking into which way we go about this idea. Thanks for you input.

Denver