epro

Toro / Wheel Horse 210-5 Lawn Tractor

epro

I have a Toro / Wheel Horse 210-5 and I just installed a replacement solenoid. I drew a sketch and wrote down where each wire went. As I was installing the replacement solenoid, I noticed there was a set of two black wires tied together that I missed. I need to know where these wires go to. ( Is it the wire from the solenoid to the starter). (Or is it the wire that runs from the battery to the solenoid). (Or is it a pair of ground wires). Here is some pictures of what I am talking about.  One of the wires in the picture that is next to the blue wire.  The other wire is going into the loom wiring. Thanking you in advance for the information on this. I have not bolted the solenoid down yet so I can show you a better view of what I am talking about 27253:P1020731.JPG]post-12311-0-28922500-1388691000_thumb.j

post-12311-0-28922500-1388691000_thumb.j

gwest_ca

The two black wires would have been on one of the bolts that mount the solenoid to the tractor. Grounds the solenoid and the electric clutch.

Garry

epro

I want to thank you sir. for the reply to the electrical question. that was it. it works great. God Bless!

epro

Help with solenoid problems again.

1.) this text was written on 01/02/14. I have a Toro / Wheel Horse 210-5 and I just installed a replacement solenoid. I drew a sketch and wrote down where each wire went. As I was installing the replacement solenoid, I noticed there was a set of two black wires tied together that I missed. I need to know where these wires go to. ( Is it the wire from the solenoid to the starter). (Or is it the wire that runs from the battery to the solenoid). (Or is it a pair of ground wires). Here is some pictures of what I am talking about.  One of the wires in the picture that is next to the blue wire.  The other wire is going into the loom wiring. Thanking you in advance for the information on this. I have not bolted the solenoid down yet so I can show you a better view of what I am talking about 27253:P1020731.JPG]post-12311-0-28922500-1388691000_thumb.j

2.) this text is written today on 01/03/14. The replacement solenoid went bad on me and when I took it apart it was all burnt and I threw it away. I went and bought a universal solenoid with the poles in different positions. The two large poles on the universal solenoid are across from each other going horizontal instead of vertical like the ones in the picture below. And the two flat poles on the universal are just below the each of the large poles. and I don't know how to wire it up to the tractor. My next question is do I wire the universal 4 pole solenoid up the same way (with the two flat blades facing up). Or do I wire it up a different way. I sure need some advice on this. Thanking you in advance, and God Bless! Please explain it to me in laymen terms. I'm not the brightest on the wiring of solenoid blue prints.

Attached Thumbnails
  • post-12311-0-28922500-1388691000.jpg

rmaynard

As I asked in your other post, what year is this 210-5? The wiring diagrams, though similar, are a little different, and I would be better able to help if I had the correct diagram in front of me.

epro

To rmaynard

The Toro Wheel Horse was made in 1991 according to Internet.

The Model No: 32-10B502

The Serial No: 1020106

I sure appreciate the information that you can give on the wiring

Thank You

Edited by TT: please post replies in same topic

Edited by TT

rmaynard

Do you have a multimeter, and do you know how to use it to test continuity?

epro

I have a multi tester and know how to use it. But I don't know where each wire goes to on each pole of the 4 pole universal solenoid. My limited knowledge tells me that I would have to look at a simple hand drawn laymen scetch. or some kind of picture of how the wires are  installed on the solenoid. The Model Number is: 32-10B502  and the Serial Number is: 1020167

chazm

Gary provided you the manual to down load   :eusa-think:    It has a wiring diagram of your tractor  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Good luck & keep us posted

Chasm :flags-waveusa: