redidbull

Losing Job 1/31/2014

redidbull

Back in July a bunch of us learned our jobs were being relocated and outsourced. Some of the work was going to Montana but the bulk is China and some other overseas places. As bad as the job loss the other day we received in some new labeling for our products. It was noticed that the "Made in USA" was deleted from the new labels. That hurts. After 20 years for me and 30+ for many we are being sold out to cheap labor. Now another 22 souls are going to be on unemployment. Wake up America. Jim

Martin

thats too bad Jim.

we powder coat for the ag industry (JD, IH, CAT etc) and I've noticed for the last couple years more and more raw castings and parts coming in with 'made in china' on them. the crates that hold the parts don't have a lick of english on them.........

the farmers that buy this equipment in the end really don't know where a lot of the parts for their $300,000+ machine really come from. local parts content is slowly disappearing.....

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Sad to hear...    :disgust:

what jobs are they cutting? 

Buzz

I'm really sorry to hear that. Been there, done that 25 years ago. Not a comfortable place to be. Good luck.

• Like 1

rexman72

we are going to pay dearly when we cant make our own things.china knows what there doing.They are buying up real estate and they have even triedto buy American oil companies.Imagine a country that can control your lifeline with  oil and gas.

Racinbob

Some people think I take the 'Buy American' too far. Always coming back and saying there's foreign parts in this or that that I own only because they think it justifies them not taking the effort to support the American worker. True, it's impossible to buy 100% American. The stand I take is that I try my best to buy products made in America if I have a choice. If everybody would make the effort to do the same the results would be amazing.

Jim, I'm sorry to hear about your situation and that you have become a victim of corporate greed. I wish you and all your co-workers involved the very best of luck.

• Like 1

redidbull

I  work for a company named Oriel which is owned by http://newport.com hq in CA.. I am an Electronic Tech and Supervisor of the Test, QC, Shipping and Stockroom. I am 56yo and that is what worries me. Good thing is my Wife has the insurance so I may be able to do temp work. Thanks for the well wishes. Jim

dodgemike

Jim, saying I am sorry does not

Seem enough. My best friend is

An engineer with two degrees. He

Had to move because northern

Ohio is not a mfg. Hub anymore.

Guess where all those jobs went.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

HorseFixer

Jim,

I too am sorry to hear that being 56 myself I can relate. I am a HVAC Contractor by trade, & owned my business for many years and had to pay for insurance and everything myself before Switching Hats & going to work for my local County. I always have that fear myself ya never know what politicians will do, and its usually not good. :disgust:

Good luck. :handgestures-thumbup:  hope things change for you!

• Like 1

chazm

Jim, I know how you feel, A few years ago I was laid off after 25 years with a company.  It's been hard, but you need to stay positive & remember that when one door closes & another will open. Keep your head up buddy  :handgestures-thumbupright:

chasm :flags-waveusa:

stevebo

Sorry to hear that Jim. I feel fortunate being an ESOP owner (part owner through stock) of my company. We are kinda of the opposite in terms of being made in the USA. 100% of the product I sell is made in the USA. We use that to market to our clients and it is well received.

MalMac

If America does not wake up and gets thier head out of thier A$&'s soon. You will be looking at the Chinese flag flying over the capital building in Washington. You will go to the knock on the door to your house and it will be armed Chinese tell you to get the hell out of your house because they now own it. The Romans thought they were the mightiest, look what happen to them. It can't keep on this way and we all know it. The Chinese will do it without ever firing a shot.

• Like 1

Coadster32

I am sorry for your job loss Jim. I am a machinist for my whole career and Oriel has been one of our faithful customers for over 30 years. We do see less work in the last 5 years than we have in the past with them.

redidbull

I am sorry for your job loss Jim. I am a machinist for my whole career and Oriel has been one of our faithful customers for over 30 years. We do see less work in the last 5 years than we have in the past with them.

Did you know we were moving out? Do you ever stop in? Jim

Vinylguy

Sorry to hear about your situation Jim.

sml_gallery_74_25_33488.jpg

Edited by VINYLGUY

Wheel-N-It

My heart goes out to you today Jim. I pray things in this country will turn around and get back to where they should be. But I'm afraid this is all part of some kind of master plan put in place many years ago. I can vividly remember early in the year 1980 watching a TV show spotlighting the American economy and way of life as we moved into the 21st century. One of the statements made on this program was that by the 21st century America would no longer have a manufacturing based economy. We would by then have a service based economy, and young people were advised to direct their carreer path in that direction. Even though I was not yet 23 years old hearing that statement shocked me, and left me very unsettled that night. The reason I was watching this programming was in an effort to determine my own carreer path, and here I am like some of you other men here (age 56) in a service based technical profession.

I do try to buy American whenever possible, but this is getting more difficult to do by the year. Its one reason I stick with Wheel Horses. They are American through and through, and built by American workers.

can whlvr

I too feel for you,im in construction and had to give up my own business and go to work for someone else,hopefully it will get better soon