Sign in to follow this  
P3x

79350 Plow With Links attached to thru Sector to the Blade

P3x

Used the 42" for a couple of storms we had on my 520H. As the tire stance is than the 42 blade a lot of snow gets left on the deck after falling off the tires/chains.

So went to install a 48 I picked up (79350) and noticed extra links which seem to serve to position the blade the forward the same distance as the length of the link - approx.2 In.  There is also two Bolts (In. Long?) and Lock nuts that attach to the Spring Adjust holes, one on the left hole and one on the right.

Anybody know the purpose?  Not sure of the tractor the blade was mounted on. Am wondering if there's a benefit to mounting the same on the plow. Seems to me it would be the weakest link having two metal tabs bolted from the sector att point to the blade.

any thoughts ?

Thank you

post-4076-0-36720400-1387685500_thumb.jppost-4076-0-96882600-1387685521_thumb.jp

RMCIII

Don't have any blades, but just guessing, someone wanted to blade to collapse forward more than what the blade originally did.

TT

My guess is that someone was either trying to gain clearance between the front tires and blade when angled or they were attempting to push the bottom of the blade out for an even more aggressive cutting edge angle. :confusion-shrug:

KC9KAS

I was thinking same as TT....gain a little more clearance on front wheels while angled.

P3x

I thought it is most likely to het additional clearance for the tires. As the plow frame has the extension installed was not sure.  Removed the Xtra Hardware and good to go.  Thanks for the replies.

Happy Holidays to All!

p3x