redrooster

79 C-141 restro

redrooster

I did take your advice and used star washers but I did not clean any paint off. Where are you suggesting paint should be cleaned off? Thanks for helping me with rookie mistakes!

Im now in the process of painting the hood fender and lastly the motor.

Thanks

RR

• Like 1

redrooster

Hey flatbed send me a pic of ur c141

redrooster

Flatbed since you have reminded me of this important detail I plan take my meter and make sure I have continuity with my ground connections. Thanks again!

redrooster

Motor tins blasted. I had to braze the cracks where the coil mount always breaks. Im adding a backer plate on the inside of the cover to keep this from happening again.

redrooster

Motor cover.post-12156-139748037096_thumb.jpg

redrooster

I tested all my ground connections especially the motor mounts and it seems like the star washers did their job.

Im seriously contemplating painting my motor flat black instead of the original red. I like the way the black motors look on the later models!

Joefrommi65

Very nice work , sure am going to make a cart like yours when I find my father and son resto project.....Just not sure of the model yet .

56flatbed

OK , RR  I am going to take pics today and post them this evening.  By the way, my other tractor is a C145 with the black engine, I "don't" like the look, thinking about painting it red someday.

56flatbed

Ok, here's a couple of pics of the C141.  It was a nice 20 footer, ran good etc.  I planned on painting it someday, until the K321 decided a multi-piece connecting rod was needed.  So, the teardown started.  The other pic is the C145.  It is a lifesaver and a worker.c141a_zpsa68d9308.jpgc141b_zpsa6163d0b.jpgc145b_zpsd78945a6.jpgc141b_zpsa6163d0b.jpgc141a_zpsa68d9308.jpg

Edited by 56flatbed

56flatbed

You know something?  I'm looking at the pics of the C141 and thinking I may just clean the beast and paint the hood and fender.  I need to spend my money on a rod, piston and crankshaft.

redrooster

I might have just done that to mine if I would have known the expense and man hours involved.

JT Burkard

Wow, nice job so far. Looking good.

redrooster

Its taking a lot more time to do the fender and hood than thought because they got some abuse. Blast sand prime sand prime sand prime pound out dents file it takes time to do a good job!post-12156-139783772845_thumb.jpgpost-12156-139783774638_thumb.jpgpost-12156-139783777913_thumb.jpgpost-12156-139783779612_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

A good job is worth the effort. Coming along nicely.

Glenn

redrooster

Pounded out 5 dents and used the DA sander to remove some deep scratches and pitting. Also started cleaning the motor.post-12156-139792274014_thumb.jpgpost-12156-139792275834_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

56flatbed

I'll give you my address and just send me your hood, and I'll let you have mine.   Oh, you don't have to paint it.

Edited by 56flatbed

redrooster

Bought new choke and throttle handles, rubber caps and steering wheel cap from Glenn at the Mentone IN swap meet. They will make nice finishing touches to my C-141. Also picked up a new bearing race for my pto clutch and a set of spindles.

HorseFixer

Yer doing a mighty fine job there Red Rooster! When I freshened up my 417  :tools-wrench:  a couple years back I painted the Rims White.

IMHO Painting them White really make the tractor POP.  :confusion-shrug:

~Duke  :wh:

DSCN3163.jpg

• Like 1

56flatbed

I'm new to using photobucket, can anyone tell me why my pics are being deleted?

redrooster

I don't use it or know why I should?

AMC RULES

Becoming a  :rs: supporter will eliminate all of that photobucket nonsense...

allows you to directly upload your picts from your computer into your posts here. 

Your  :wh: restoration is really looking great Rooster.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

• Like 1

redrooster

Progress has been slow lately with the arrival of spring and yard chores. Had to start over on fender and hood because of a primer issue. I should be painting the motor soon. Put on new knobs, steering cap and anti-slip pads.post-12156-139938877242_thumb.jpgpost-12156-139938880178_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

56flatbed

That  sucker is lookin`  good!  :handgestures-thumbupright:  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Ken B

Nice attention to detail. She looks great!

Racinbob

Very nice!! The tires look awesome too.