Fishroe

Help identifying plow blade

Fishroe

I'm looking to purchase plow for my 414-8 I've found 2. One is brand new model # 79364 #2 not quite sure on model # where the model # is on blade owner can only make out 8340 but id # is legible. It is 0648BC01 54595 this blade was on a c175. not sure what year. What are the differences in the 2 and which one would yal buy. Is one better made (thicker metal etc.) Thanks for the help

Edited by Fishroe

gwest_ca

79364 was sold 2002, 2004-2009 and 2012 for the 300-Series tractors so it will fit the older 400-Series. Don't think any 400-Series were sold after 2002. Serial number will identify the year. 79364 requires Adapter Kit 105-1501 and I don't know what that is. Found it. Enter the 105-1501 at the link below and an illustration of the parts comes up.

06-48BC01 was sold 1984-89 for the 300-400-Series of tractors. 8340 is likely the Julian build date which is 340th day of 1988 making it a 1989 model blade.

Go here

https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?xCaller=Toro

and enter the model numbers.

You can also enter 414-8 and each one will come up with a link to the attachment list which lists both these blades.

Manuals

105-1501 Adapter Kit, 2002 and Later Snow/Dozer Blade to 2001 and Earlier GT Classic Garden Tractors

79364 blade

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/file/1992-blade-dozer-48in-2002-2009-79364-om-3326-603pdf/

06-48BC01

Study the parts lists and make sure you get all the parts. You need the quick attach hardware for the rear axle housings and see if they have a long solid lift link or the short one. These often get forgotten and then you have to chase down replacements.

Garry

Fishroe

thanks a lot garry.  You sure know a lot about these tractors as well as some other members here.  I looked at the parts diagram and see the lift link.  Is the lift link supposed to come with the plow or is it part of  the tractor.  I'm at work and can't look at my tractor right now to see if it has a link already on it.  Do i need the short or long one.  I think i'm going to get the one that came off of the c-175

Edited by Fishroe

TT

Which lift link do i need  short or long.  thanks

The long link connects the implement lift lever shaft arm directly to the blade mounting frame and provides "down pressure" by pushing the implement lift lever ahead.

The short link connects the mower lift arm ("T bar") to the blade frame and allows the blade to float.

I prefer a floating blade for snow removal. :confusion-shrug:

Fishroe

I might sound stupid asking these questions but i've never seen or hooked up one of these plows yet.  So you're saying i will need both long and short links?  I've got to drive about 2 and a half hours to get the thing.  Just want to make sure i'm getting everything i need.

chazm

I might sound stupid asking these questions but i've never seen or hooked up one of these plows yet.  So you're saying i will need both long and short links?  I've got to drive about 2 and a half hours to get the thing.  Just want to make sure i'm getting everything i need.

As TT stated there are 2 options on the link. I'm guessing the plow will come with one or the other, just ask PO if there is a link ( long or short) alot of times these links get lost. Also be sure to get the axle mount Brackets too 

chasm :flags-waveusa:

Fishroe

Thanks for the reply Chasm.  Looked at the manual.  I think i got it now.  I guess a shorter link you would be able to raise the plow up higherand vise-a-versa.  The PO is going to send me some more pics  the one he sent the plow is upside down so i couldn't tell if the link was there or not.  He has the rear mount  still mounted on his c175.  I'll have to take that off

TT

Short link installed:

3e67e2dd.jpg

Hooked up that way, the blade can move up & down freely because of the chain connected to the lift lever shaft arm.

eabfe1ed.jpg

Removing the trunnion / eyebolt / chain from the arm and installing a long solid link in place of those pieces will connect the blade frame directly to the lift lever arm.

You would then be able to exert down pressure on the blade by pushing the implement lift lever forward. If you have enough arm strength, you might even be able to lift the front wheels off the ground.

Fishroe

Thanks TT that is just what I needed to see. Have not heard back from the previous owner yet so I don't know if has the link or not. If he doesn't have it shouldn't be too hard to make one out of flat stock if I had the dimensions