zanepetty

k 161 carb linkage

zanepetty

During my project I seem to have lost the linkage that goes from the carb to the governor arm. What is the best way of making one? Also what purpose does the price that goes behind the govenor shaft nut serve? Its not hooked to anything so I'm just wondering. Thanks

rmaynard

If you are refering to the arm with the hole in the end, that is where the clip is secured that hold the throttle cable. As far as the wire that connects the governor arm to the carburetor, I'm sure someone on here has a loose one laying around, but if not, I can measure mine and send you a drawing. If you have an old throttle or choke cable, you can make a new linkage from a piece of the wire, or use any stiff wire of the correct gauge.

post-2221-0-70953700-1387114796.jpg

zanepetty

Yes I'm talking about the wire. I'd like to get one pretty soon if someone has one unless you think I should make one , Bob. As for the other peice, its longer and pointier. Goes behind that round price. Its the one sticking out to the side in the pictures. I'm just curious.

post-11334-0-25535200-1387116127_thumb.j

post-11334-0-69893700-1387116197_thumb.j

Edited by zanepetty

octfst

is this what you need. if so PM me your address & I will mail it to you.

post-3210-0-78141700-1387124541_thumb.jp

zanepetty

Yes I think that's what I need. Is one end a tab or does it just look like that? Mine was just a price of wire.

rmaynard

Should look like this, with a Z-bend at each end.

post-2221-0-66675600-1387131409_thumb.jp

zanepetty

Yep sire does. The one in the pic just look a little different but I'm guessing it was just a weird pic. That carb looks amazing by the way Bob. Is your linkage stainless ?

rmaynard

No, it is zinc plated steel. The carburetor was cleaned, then polished with a 6" soft steel wire brush on my bench grinder. The hard-to-get-to spots were finished with a small wire brush on my Dremel.

octfst

that's it. the top bend looks funny in pic. it comes up then bend to the right.